F&G - Chargeback at Death Starting Feb. 14

Yes, they have some great products, and they revised their chargeback rule to 100% first year only. Prosperity Elite series has a guaranteed minimum death benefit rider making it great for people who are uninsurable and want to pass on money to their kids, Performance Pro has some great indexing options and an income rider that gives you a guaranteed base rate plus any indexed interest on the roll-up, and Safe Income Plus has great guaranteed income with a nice LTC double rider. I think a bunch of their recent changes has been part of an effort to get their rating up, who knows though.

They better have some great products. At least on paper. Why else would anybody buy them with the risk they take with a subpar company. BBB rated Comdex of a 53. There is a reason they are such poorly rated. Good thing a Chinese company just bought them. Perhaps it can help them. Many E&O companies will not cover you on such poorly rated companies. If they go south and you are asked why did you sell them? Oh, cause they paid the agent the most. I do not know any agent that ever goes over why one annuity company is better than the next on their riders. and how there rating influence the products they sell. I have used them but just for substandard underwriting on there DI when no one else would touch the insured.

FYI: F&G's proposed sale to Anbang did not go through.

They better have some great products. At least on paper. Why else would anybody buy them with the risk they take with a subpar company. BBB rated Comdex of a 53. There is a reason they are such poorly rated. Good thing a Chinese company just bought them. Perhaps it can help them. Many E&O companies will not cover you on such poorly rated companies. If they go south and you are asked why did you sell them? Oh, cause they paid the agent the most. I do not know any agent that ever goes over why one annuity company is better than the next on their riders. and how there rating influence the products they sell. I have used them but just for substandard underwriting on there DI when no one else would touch the insured.

Back