Facebook Ads - Pain in the...

That's very surprising, because age selection is part of their demographics criteria...

Yeah, I argued with the bot by saying I was not interested in paying for clicks by someone who is 26, coming off their parents plan.

The bot said maybe someday they could be a valid prospect.

I didn't think I would live long enough to wait so just told them to pull the ad request. Didn't stop them from trying again several times, hoping to get me to change my mind.

They use those types of forms in other industries as well, like fair housing and non-discrimination laws with every real estate or mortgage ad. You just need to agree to the terms and you're free to go.

I signed the form, my test ad ran for a cost of $26 and change. Wrote 1 app, might get another 1 or 2, so it worked. Need to refine the ad for the next time.

I still think FB is a PITA to deal with.

Ooh. A Phacebook phishing solicitation.

Um no. I'm not soliciting anything. Google facebook blueprint if you don't trust clicking the link. It is a free course put on by Facebook themselves. Just trying to help.

Facebook can be a good resource but you need to educate yourself.

Sometimes I am not sure FB wants my ad $$$.

In the past I have had ads rejected because I want to target folks age 64 and older.

Rejected due to age discrimination!!!

We battled back and forth and I finally cancelled my ad request.

I also filter for English speaking only (or whatever their classification is). Surprised they haven't rejected for that.

After a long absence I recently did run an ad. Some of the demographics are no longer available but I found some that would work.

They refused my ad until I signed a non-discrimination form.

"Inclusiveness" and "diversity" is driving me crazy.

Just take my damn money, please.

I've had the same feeling about them not wanting biz - I had an ad rejected because it contained the word "Obamacare" and deemed political hot topic or something like that. OMG, I was just trying to sell health insurance, Lol...they had some process to authorize me to advert that type of post but I wasn't about to jump through more hoops for them.

Anybody have a good contact person at FB? I've been trying to run an ad to get leads for life insurance but in their infinite wisdom they keep rejecting my ad because they think that I may be reselling/sharing with a 3rd party. I have no clue as to why they would think this and it is SO frustrating, if FB was a person I think I'd choke the hell out of him. I've e-mailed back asking as to why they have come to this conclusion but I get the same canned response.

Same issue here. And also "date of birth is not supported question on Instagram." Don't care about Instagram.

Back