Family First Life question

My error, in reading your other post.

I was asked a few months ago to look into them for a family member. I recommend they do not start with them. I suggested that it appears to be a recruiting shop. They did not listen. They have been going on 'training appointments' with their 'trainer' for a couple of months. They just got their license. They have made zero dollars and their whole warm market is gone.

I can fix some it though.

Oh ouch but isn't the first few months usually slower?
are they buying leads and dialing until they get 24 appoints?

But ya i am only considering 2 shops that have top producers (400-800 of own business). The training is defiantly one of the thing making me consider them

Oh ouch but isn't the first few months usually slower?
are they buying leads and dialing until they get 24 appoints?

But ya i am only considering 2 shops that have top producers (400-800 of own business). The training is defiantly one of the thing making me consider them

First, for clarification - I am an Independent agent, I do not belong to any one agency. So I am not try to promote anyone or any method.

It is only slow if the training sucks. Or if like this situation the 'trainer' is pillaging your warm market. It seems like a pattern. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, don't believe them when the say they are a swan.

The first couple of months, with a real trainer, should be awesome! You have a person with a vested interest in your success going out with you(licensed you) to your warm market basically writing business for you. 100% for you, earning their override. Building up your war chest so you have a better chance of survival. All while you are learning and earning.

Any crew that works a recruits warm market before the person is even licensed are the worst type of street pimp.

I am sure you would agree.

Not saying your future group is in that Scumbag group. Just 'Caveat emptor'

But hey, what do I know. *

I don't tie myself down to just one insurance organizations. You will be disappointed. I have contracts to several insurance organizations. I don't care how big they are and what their promises are. Once you come on board, some promises always come short. Tell people who are trying to recruit you that you have no plans whatsoever to be just tied up to them. Tell them you will put some companies under them and you will put some other companies under other different insurance organizations. That way, if one disappoints you, you still have other options.

DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR CONTRACTS IN ONE ORGANIZATIONS. You may not understand it now but one day, you'll thank me for this advice!

hello I am new and looking around and noticed that there is negativity for Family First Life. looking on the reviews on the job boards they have way better reviews than most others and a lot of them so I don't think they could all be faked (like 300 reviews). If they are so bad why do they have so many good reviews?
I think the big issue is the misleading of numbers. I used to work under the owner way back in the day when he was with NAA. He would use high pressure selling, make his numbers up, and have an incredibly bad quality of business. However I did learn a lot about selling under him. They do create a grind it out culture that appeals to certain types IE military and athletic backgrounds. However commission levels are inflated. They say you can get a 158% contract level. They figure that by you having the absolute top level with americo HMS 150 with 8% bonus from Americo. However you're going to take a 15% hit in FE. So you'll be at a 125% on the FE side.

They do have some serious beast on their squad. A lot of them are legit. I know a lot of them. They do push a lot of MTG protection which can really saturate an area because the leads are fewer between. You will work a lot more nights and weekends. They also teach a lot of annuity sales which can make you a good amount of money.

Me personally, I've never been a big fan of the owner. I've seen him screw too many people in this business from my several years in this business. I want to follow someone who actually has some integrity, which can be hard to find. That's why I ended up working with Ben Boman and EFES.

I think the big issue is the misleading of numbers. I used to work under the owner way back in the day when he was with NAA. He would use high pressure selling, make his numbers up, and have an incredibly bad quality of business. However I did learn a lot about selling under him. They do create a grind it out culture that appeals to certain types IE military and athletic backgrounds. However commission levels are inflated. They say you can get a 158% contract level. They figure that by you having the absolute top level with americo HMS 150 with 8% bonus from Americo. However you're going to take a 15% hit in FE. So you'll be at a 125% on the FE side.

They do have some serious beast on their squad. A lot of them are legit. I know a lot of them. They do push a lot of MTG protection which can really saturate an area because the leads are fewer between. You will work a lot more nights and weekends. They also teach a lot of annuity sales which can make you a good amount of money.

Me personally, I've never been a big fan of the owner. I've seen him screw too many people in this business from my several years in this business. I want to follow someone who actually has some integrity, which can be hard to find. That's why I ended up working with Ben Boman and EFES.

#BoomBoomRoom

This here is good reply, i can tell that you actually know how it goes inside the company.

Yes you are right about the 140% number and not many are going to get that but TBH I'm fine with that. I would start at 100 and if i did 10k month it will go to 110, if I did 20k month it will go to 120 etc. Im fine with that because I want to be trained well and I think they will teach me. And yes, they seem to really teach you to grind. They have you dial monday and tues if needed till you get to your # goal and then go out on weds. Then dial on thurs and fri and go out on sat. So yes they seem to have a grind culture which is fine for me because i think that would be a good way to learn.

Also I wouldn't be right under Saun M. They have separate agencies. some better than others. I am only considering 1 or 2 of them.

aside from not liking the founder Sean, do you think that would be a good place to start and learn?

This here is good reply, i can tell that you actually know how it goes inside the company.

Yes you are right about the 140% number and not many are going to get that but TBH I'm fine with that. I would start at 100 and if i did 10k month it will go to 110, if I did 20k month it will go to 120 etc. Im fine with that because I want to be trained well and I think they will teach me. And yes, they seem to really teach you to grind. They have you dial monday and tues if needed till you get to your # goal and then go out on weds. Then dial on thurs and fri and go out on sat. So yes they seem to have a grind culture which is fine for me because i think that would be a good way to learn.

Also I wouldn't be right under Saun M. They have separate agencies. some better than others. I am only considering 1 or 2 of them.

aside from not liking the founder Sean, do you think that would be a good place to start and learn?
I think it would really depend on which agency you are going to work with. There are bad apples in every organization. If you want, give me a call or PM me and we can have a more detailed conversation.

I think it would really depend on which agency you are going to work with. There are bad apples in every organization. If you want, give me a call or PM me and we can have a more detailed conversation.

ok sounds good i'll check that out

Back