Family First Life won't release me.

I've limited myself to just one company my entire insurance career. I've been in business for nearly 20 years. I've been on this forum for quite some time too.

I've seen independent agents as well as captive agents come into and go out of this business at the same rate.

I personally believe that you could make the exact same amount of money as an independent or captive agent.

The only thing that matters is how YOU want to do business. It's really a personal preference.

My preference is to use one company. I've been happy and making money the whole time I've been captive.

Being an independent agent is certainly not the only way to make money in the life insurance industry.

And no it's not morally wrong if you sell someone a policy that was not insured before they met you.

Just like it wasn't morally wrong for my state farm agent to sell me a state farm product instead of a farmers product.

100% agree with this . The biggest life agents of all time worked for 1 company . Ny life, met life and northwestern . Your with LH right ? But I’ll say 20-1 most of the people that make big money with LH ,Ail or SL make it on the recruiting much more so than an independent only selling agent . Your business models are geared toward recruiting. In the end few people want to pound pavement yr in and yr out and many turn to recruiting.

100% agree with this . The biggest life agents of all time worked for 1 company . Ny life, met life and northwestern . Your with LH right ? But I’ll say 20-1 most of the people that make big money with LH ,Ail or SL make it on the recruiting much more so than an independent only selling agent . Your business models are geared toward recruiting. In the end few people want to pound pavement yr in and yr out and many turn to recruiting.

Agents can make 100k 200k a year. The best of the best maybe 300k. I'd say that is true for independent and captive agents.

For sure 90 percent of the highest paid life licensed people in the country have agencies.

You're not going to make a million a year as a personal producing agent. Or at least it's not likely. You'd have to be the best agent in the whole country with a team of employees helping you out. Even with the the highest contracts and most liberal underwriting.

I agree that most agents don't want to pound pavement forever. I lasted about 12 years.

But eventually independent or not you will be maxed out on how much you can make as a single producing agent.

The only thing you can do to really have unlimited income potential in this industry is to build an agency.

I believe that Lincoln has a lot to offer their imos and agency managers. They do help out a lot with recruiting.

They will help out with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of advertising for their imos to recruit. And give the imos complete control of how they want to structure their contracts, advances, house hold max, vesting and financing.

It makes it very easy to grow an agency.

I am in the not one company camp.
Also not one upline camp.

I am also in the no one best method camp.

Example:

Facebook leads = a failed model
Phone sales = Unicorn
Door knocking = ineffective
Captive =
LH =
Primerica =
Under A rated =
Deliver policies
Don't deliver policies
Replace to save $6. month
Do not replace non contestable policies to save $6.

On and on and on.

Back