Family First Life won't release me.

They allow releases all the time if you go about it the normal way. Plus, if you’re going to go work as a captive agent you don’t even need a release.

Going captive. Just not a fan of making money off people then bragging about it on social media. I'd rather have a clear mind at the end of the day know I did the right thing.

Then going captive is definitely not doing the right thing for yourself or your potential clients. Who are you looking to go work with?

Working with limited options clearly would put you in a less competitive position. Working with limited options mean you’re only going to give your potential clients a limited option. Plus, working captive means you’re likely just going to make less money. I would make sure you shopped the rest of the independent market before you give up on being an independent agent.

Plus, even if you just want to focus on a few companies no one says you have to sell 20 different companies as an independent agent. You can have a great career with a strong commission level and focus on two or three companies. Make sure whatever group you reach out to has a great direct mail program, Training, and support.

Yeah, you don't want to limit yourself to just one company. There will be a time when you could get a client first day coverage with another company, but not the one you're with. You'll end up putting that client in a graded or modified policy when they could have gotten better with another company. This is why you don't limit yourself to one company.

I always say that there is not one company out there that is good for everyone. There never has been and there never will be!

I've limited myself to just one company my entire insurance career. I've been in business for nearly 20 years. I've been on this forum for quite some time too.

I've seen independent agents as well as captive agents come into and go out of this business at the same rate.

I personally believe that you could make the exact same amount of money as an independent or captive agent.

The only thing that matters is how YOU want to do business. It's really a personal preference.

My preference is to use one company. I've been happy and making money the whole time I've been captive.

Being an independent agent is certainly not the only way to make money in the life insurance industry.

And no it's not morally wrong if you sell someone a policy that was not insured before they met you.

Just like it wasn't morally wrong for my state farm agent to sell me a state farm product instead of a farmers product.

Latest posts

Back