Family Heritage Life

When I interviewed with them about 3 years ago, the manager told me that he had previously been with Combined and that Family Heritage was spun off of Combined at some point. While it may not be part of AON, I heard from the horse's mouth that it was either started by Combined or by people who left Combined.

Here's a history lesson (warning, long post ahead)

As someone who used to work for the company, and was actually in field sales management, I can assure you that the beginnings of the company have absolutely nothing to do with Combined or AON. The company was started by a man named Howard Lewis, who worked for the old Capitol American Life Insurance Company (which was absorbed by Conseco)

Mr. Lewis started Family Heritage in 1989

There is a guy named Joe Jacobsen who left Combined several years after Family Heritage started to join the FHL home office and actually introduced the idea of having special "Trainmore" weeks where agents travel out of town for an entire week to go door-to-door selling. The idea is that if you are away from home, you have less distractions.

That actually is a Combined philosophy. At Combined, they call them "Ardmores" (named after Ardmore Oklahoma, the site of the first Ardmore)

The first Trainmore was actually called a "Richmore", because it took place in Richmond, Indiana, and then they changed the name to reflect the idea of actually receiving more training on these trips.

Nowadays, they have a ton of ex-Combined agents and sales directors who work for them, but the actual beginning of the company was not a spin off from Combined, AON, or anything of the like. It was Capitol American, and they are owned by Southwestern/Great American in Nashville, another door-to-door company, and their approaches and sales techniques virtually mirror the book salespeople from Southwestern.

These are all verifiable facts.

How's that for a first post? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back