Family Life Commission Schedules Question

alldaytuesdays

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Triad, NC
Does anyone have knowledge of Family Life comm schedules?

Reason for my question - I am appointed with an FMO whom I cautiously trust (if that's possible). I signed one comm schedule for one level, then when I get appointed in new states, they ask me to sign a different comm schedule for new, lower levels for that new state only. They are telling me that FL has different comm schedules for different states. I've seen different levels for different states on ONE comm schedule before but never on different schedules like this. On the actual schedule itself, it doesnt say the state name anywhere. It's the exact same schedule (except for the actual comm %), just looks like a lower contract but not one specific to that state only.

Something just doesnt seem right. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this or if this doesnt pass the 'smell' test with you guys also.

I can attest to the fact that figuring out commission levels for Family Life is a bit complex for a variety of reasons. This is especially true for agents looking for non-res appointments in a number of states.

I'm an independent agent and in Missouri, it is 18% all ages. HOWEVER, in years 2-6 it is 12%.
AND, all REPLACEMENT business is 12%

I filled out all the paperwork and then saw the commissions...i'm not going to go through with it since they are only a $21 Million B rated company. Instead, i'm sticking with United of Omaha ($2.5 Billion...A rated) ...i'll get a whopping 13% on replacements but new sales are 24.5% and a gurantee issue for Plan N.

Last edited:
Back