Farmers Insurance to Cut Commissions and Increase Bonus.

Re: Farmers Insurance to Cutt Commissions and Increase Bonus.

You're smarter then I was. I signed up & trusted what I was told by the SIAA rep & my contract has a whole different story to it. Was young, ignorant (still am) and I had blinders on just wanting contracts so I could shake the streets.

I went with SIAA. For the most part, the recruiter told the truth. It has been a bit rougher than I expected, but that is normal.

I have also found from other agents that Mountain Empire has one of the better contracts. There are a few changes that are very friendly to the agent.

I recall you once saying you pay like 60k a year to SIAA? I mentioned that to the recruiter and he was floored. Said you must be doing quite well, now that I see the numbers, I have to agree unless you are counting their portion of the bonuses.

I went with SIAA. For the most part, the recruiter told the truth. It has been a bit rougher than I expected, but that is normal.

I have also found from other agents that Mountain Empire has one of the better contracts. There are a few changes that are very friendly to the agent.

I recall you once saying you pay like 60k a year to SIAA? I mentioned that to the recruiter and he was floored. Said you must be doing quite well, now that I see the numbers, I have to agree unless you are counting their portion of the bonuses.

I was including their portion (30%) of the profit sharing which was big one year. For 2016 I got boned on profit sharing & I paid them like $35,000 per year in fees.

I was including their portion (30%) of the profit sharing which was big one year. For 2016 I got boned on profit sharing & I paid them like $35,000 per year in fees.

Still, that is quite a lot, particularly with the way the fee is calculated. You are definitely doing some premium to generate that kind of revenue.

I wrote 1.3MM in new premium last year alone. Maybe now you realize why I'm so jaded? 80 hour work weeks the last 3 weeks. I'm just spent.

VolAgent,

I would love to understand via a phone call how you got to a better place with the SIAA contract separation clause.....versus the PGI.....

This is kinda fun! Shawn is getting some flack here! baaaaaahahaha YEAH SHAWN PUT IT OUT HERE TO SEE!

Why not put it out for the forum to see?

I told Shawn what my issues were with his contract. I did sign an NDA with them and I will respect it. Just as I did not tell him the particulars of the SIAA contract. If he wishes to share, that is his choice.

I will say, how he understood the exit clause and how I understand it when I read it to him are not the same. I do believe him when he said he will use the feedback in reviewing their contract.

Is this a "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours first" kind of scenarios?

Well that escalated quickly.

Back