Farmers Insurance?

The Farmers agents who do well have a direct sales mindset. I go after that preferred market that wasn't really thinking about getting a quote until I happened to stop by. It's an outside sales job. Ninety percent of the leads I generate for a Farmers agent are closed at the kitchen table!

I am still an agent..... and it was the worst decision I have ever made. with the state I'm in, our car rates are triple, TRIPLE to any other company. our home rates are at the bare min. double.....unless you are prime pickens for farmers and then the home discount still doesn't take away from the car rate w/ the home auto discount.... in other words your damn lucky to be a few $100 away from the competition. My friend lives in a very nice 3400 sq ft home... he pays just under $2000. annually with SF. when I quoted him 3 months ago I got at $7400. annual quote with farmers.... SERIOUSLY???? Who would pay that??? I love my clients so much.... I want to tell them to run.... but most of them are long time clients from 20 years ago when they bought farmers... or older.... I have clients that are from the 70's... so they trust us... THEY SHOULDN'T... check your facts....
Farmers agent plans are designed to fail...that's how they make money..... look it up.... do your research... I thought I had until I googled "ex farmers agents"

I am a single mom of 5.... 2 at home.... I took out loans to do this at the age of 44.... my new beginning.... Now I am not even out but, looking for a bankruptcy attorney...and don't know what I will do..... its a slap in the face....

for reference I must say, I have owned 2 very successful businesses over the past 20 years as well as worked as a county appraiser for 8 years....

I am still an agent..... and it was the worst decision I have ever made. with the state I'm in, our car rates are triple, TRIPLE to any other company. our home rates are at the bare min. double.....unless you are prime pickens for farmers and then the home discount still doesn't take away from the car rate w/ the home auto discount.... in other words your damn lucky to be a few $100 away from the competition. My friend lives in a very nice 3400 sq ft home... he pays just under $2000. annually with SF. when I quoted him 3 months ago I got at $7400. annual quote with farmers.... SERIOUSLY???? Who would pay that??? I love my clients so much.... I want to tell them to run.... but most of them are long time clients from 20 years ago when they bought farmers... or older.... I have clients that are from the 70's... so they trust us... THEY SHOULDN'T... check your facts....
Farmers agent plans are designed to fail...that's how they make money..... look it up.... do your research... I thought I had until I googled "ex farmers agents"

I am a single mom of 5.... 2 at home.... I took out loans to do this at the age of 44.... my new beginning.... Now I am not even out but, looking for a bankruptcy attorney...and don't know what I will do..... its a slap in the face....

for reference I must say, I have owned 2 very successful businesses over the past 20 years as well as worked as a county appraiser for 8 years....

Sorry for your sad story. Insurance companies prey on potential agents when they paint rosy pictures that ignore the facts. SF, Allsnakes, and Farmers have all burned a lot if people. If you are considering one of these three as an agent be warned.

I have three facts to share about Farmers.

Fact 1. They out right lied to me during the interview process about the pay. Not fudging or wordsmithing. Bold faced lies.

Fact 2. Most Farmers policies I see are poorly written with insufficient coverage. Especially on the commercial policies. Only about 1 in 20 or 30 are written with the proper coverages. And not by like 10% or 20%. I am talking a dramatic lack of coverage.

Fact 3. They are not competitive. I only sell commercial insurance, and whenever I hear they are currently with Farmers I am thrilled because a) I am going to be at least 40% less premium and b) they were probably written with junk coveages I can fix.

No opinions, no badmouthing, just facts.

Back