Faxing Without a Fax Machine

Avoid efax totally.
Tons of years ago i tried an efax account as alternative
I had 2 fax numbers and moved one of them to efax

Never had problem with spam previously. then
Immediately inundated with fax spam

i mean a TON of it

The carriers would freak if they realized how many faxes are scan email and fax with the document passing through extra hands.

Quite a few either are unaware of security issues or know but don't want to invest in technology until forced to do so.

I love the sent confirmations too. No waiting 4 minutes to see if it sent or not. Just upload the document, hit send, and then I go back to work. A few minutes later I get an email saying successful or not and I can just archive the email. 98% are successful, 1% are user error, and 1% is the system.

----------------

I think all carriers really care about is public perception and the regulators. As we know, perception and reality are 2 different things.

I read an article earlier this year saying that the majority of cases in the industry dealing with PHI being stolen, were related to it being physically stolen and not stolen by a hacker.

As a customer, I would be much more worried about my personal info sitting on a fax machine and not knowing who it really is at the end of that fax machine. What happens when there is an ill-intentioned intern, or repairman, or delivery guy in the office?

Plus I can layer security with email attachments.... password protect the attachment and send the password in a text or phone call. Or I can use my cloud to send a link that only certain email addresses can view. Etc.

A HIPAA-compliant email system is MUCH more secure than fax imo.

I love the sent confirmations too. No waiting 4 minutes to see if it sent or not. Just upload the document, hit send, and then I go back to work. A few minutes later I get an email saying successful or not and I can just archive the email. 98% are successful, 1% are user error, and 1% is the system.

----------------

I think all carriers really care about is public perception and the regulators. As we know, perception and reality are 2 different things.

I read an article earlier this year saying that the majority of cases in the industry dealing with PHI being stolen, were related to it being physically stolen and not stolen by a hacker.

As a customer, I would be much more worried about my personal info sitting on a fax machine and not knowing who it really is at the end of that fax machine. What happens when there is an ill-intentioned intern, or repairman, or delivery guy in the office?

Plus I can layer security with email attachments.... password protect the attachment and send the password in a text or phone call. Or I can use my cloud to send a link that only certain email addresses can view. Etc.

A HIPAA-compliant email system is MUCH more secure than fax imo.

Not to mention when you finger fumble the phone number. No recalling a fax.

I've used Kall8 (toll free fax #) for probably 7 or 8 years for incoming fax (to email). Works great. Never had an issue.
I recently canned my landline and ported that number to a cell home phone. So I don't use my traditional fax anymore... (actually haven't faxed out anything in the past 6 mos) I use scan/email.

I may end up switching my service as Kall8 doesn't fax out. They have worked great on inbound and are super cheap, but I can't fax out if I need to with them. They do have a sister company, so that may be the route I go.

I looked at RingCentral a while back, but the cost (to me) is too high...unless I used their service alot, for my situation it doesn't make sense.

Latest posts

Back