FE Cold Calling - Quote or Appointment?

mark68

Expert
Is it better to offer a free quote on the phone when making cold calls or better to schedule an appointment from cold calling for final expense business?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Take it as far as the prospect will let you. Ask questions that get them thinking, get them talking more than you and you've got a lead. You do have to ask for the next step (appt, quote, sale), but do so tactfully. Each case is different...go as far as you can without being pushy. People buy from people they like. Just my two cents...

I personally wouldn't quote over the phone on the first call before they have more time invested into the process. When I cold called for FE my 1st goal was to generate interest, and if my spidey sense was tingling I would occasionally set an appt on the first call.

While I do agree with you partly Central, many write FE over the phone. You could get the tire kickers, but if you have to drive out to there place costing more time and gas maybe they're serious or just kicking tires. Personally, I'd love to sit behind my desk and write it over the phone all day where every day is casual day. One of those things you have to decide on the fly... good point though.

Is it better to offer a free quote on the phone when making cold calls or better to schedule an appointment from cold calling for final expense business?

I NEVER give a quote over the phone unless, of course, it's a current client calling to ask how much it would be to cover someone else in the family. But calling to set appointments it's "the more you tell, the less you sell".

I don't even give quotes in the home until I have gone through my whole presentation.

Nor do I do any qualifying on the phone. That means I couldn't give a quote anyway.

If you are going to give quotes over the phone then just switch to telemarketing and do the whole appointment over the phone but if the goal is to meet face to face then don't give quotes.

I always tell the prospect over the phone "I can give you a quote but without sitting down with you for a few minutes the quote is worthless. I have several different companies to choose from. Without knowing your actual needs and medical history I could be giving you the wrong price. I will be in your area tomorrow and I will take as long or as short a time as you need. If I am staying for supper then I like __________. I will see you at 10 in the morning"

You never want to give a quote without first having a good warm up and doing a good presentation. Otherwise, you'll hear "let me think it over" more than you'd like. Holds true for face 2 face or tele-sales. Exception would be a current client.

According to my experience, First check the person's interest and thinking about the product if these things going positive than you can give quotes on phone otherwise schedule an appointment is a better option.

Back