Fe Leads

Using the funeral trust garbage that he spouts about on here to generate leads.

It's well documented that he is improperly using the Settlers funeral trust to prospects. Now he intends to use it as a marketing gimmick.

How does he profit by teaching other agents? Is he recruiting?

I am not marketing the funeral trust incorrectly! I am absolutely 100% correct. This bull about putting a person in a funeral trust 30 days before one goes on Medicaid is ridiculous. Stop attacking me on that subject because you don't know what you are talking about. A funeral trust can be written on anyone at any point in their life, however an agent needs to be aware of the client's situation. As long as the situation is a suitable situation their is absolutely no reason an agent shouldn't write the policy in a funeral trust. The problem with waiting is that the people don't contact you the agent until it is too late, or they don't contact you at all and they policy gets taken by medicaid. When it comes to the client giving up policy owner rights, who cares! 1. The ability to borrow the cash values. Final expense policies don't build enough of a cash value to worry about borrowing. 2. The ability to change the beneficiary. This policy is sold for one reason, to bury them. They know which mortuary they are going to use and the policy is guaranteed to be used to pay for a burial. It is not like they are leaving a large sum of money. The policy is to pay for a burial! Why would they want to change the beneficiary from the mortuary, is the mortuary going to piss them off like a child or family member would? As long as the policy holder understands that this policy is to be for their burial, who cares. The guarantee that it can't be touched by medicaid is well worth it. JDeasy, you don't have anything nice to say about anyone who disagrees with you. You are a horrible little man and Newbie is just as bad.

Last edited:
Hopwood, I've disagreed with JD on a variety of threads, but I don't think he's a horrible little man by any stretch or just about anyone else on this forum.

Would you like to share with us why you promote your free report?

I am not marketing the funeral trust incorrectly! I am absolutely 100% correct. This bull about putting a person in a funeral trust 30 days before one goes on Medicaid is ridiculous. Stop attacking me on that subject because you don't know what you are talking about. A funeral trust can be written on anyone at any point in their life, however an agent needs to be aware of the client's situation. As long as the situation is a suitable situation their is absolutely no reason an agent shouldn't write the policy in a funeral trust. The problem with waiting is that the people don't contact you the agent until it is too late, or they don't contact you at all and they policy gets taken by medicaid. When it comes to the client giving up policy owner rights, who cares! 1. The ability to borrow the cash values. Final expense policies don't build enough of a cash value to worry about borrowing. 2. The ability to change the beneficiary. This policy is sold for one reason, to bury them. They know which mortuary they are going to use and the policy is guaranteed to be used to pay for a burial. It is not like they are leaving a large sum of money. The policy is to pay for a burial! Why would they want to change the beneficiary from the mortuary, is the mortuary going to piss them off like a child or family member would? As long as the policy holder understands that this policy is to be for their burial, who cares. The guarantee that it can't be touched by medicaid is well worth it. JDeasy, you don't have anything nice to say about anyone who disagrees with you. You are a horrible little man and Newbie is just as bad.

Use paragraphs next time.

Hopwood, I've disagreed with JD on a variety of threads, but I don't think he's a horrible little man by any stretch or just about anyone else on this forum.

Would you like to share with us why you promote your free report?

Hopwood is pretty clueless about most things but he is trying to build a downline of agents. In his defense, he does at least give the agents he recruits through Settlers the same commission an renewals that they would get if they contracted directly (100% with 12% renewals). I have seen recruiters come on here and try to skim the agents worse.

I have laid off of him because he seems pretty harmless. Any agent that would contract under him and learn his bad habits is the same agents that will get screwed falling for some other fly by night recruiter.

Of course when my name gets mentioned, I do have to point out that he has no idea what he is doing. He's a pitchman who someone taught a pitch to but he doesn't understand what he's talking about.

You are just clueless about what you are doing. namecalling won't change that. Maybe you have taught this stuff about the funeral trust, but you were taught wrong. Newby has tried to explain it to you in a rational and easy to understand manner. You refuse to listen.

I wish Newby was wrong on this. he is my number one competitor. He is, however, an expert on the funeral trusts and pre-need policies. Refusing to listen to a peoven expert is just foolishness on your part.

I received his free report, and what I received had nothing to do with the funeral trust. Surprised he did not mention it. I will not step on his toes and divulge what it was, only to say that it was not for me.

Back