Federal Court Blocks Medicare Agent Pay Cap Regulations

It's pretty simple

I consistently write business. I've done it for years. Until about 2 yrs ago, I never got "marketing money."

I hate asking an FMO or carrier for money.

The extra $100/50 (MA) / $50 (PDP) would be good for those of us agents who are not squeaky wheels or social media personalities.

It really would keep it more level - get paid based off of production, not by winning the FMO lottery.

I'll be fine if it's gone. But it would be nice if it goes thru. No FMO is worth $60,000+ annually to me.
You don't like money?

You got me beat. I’ve only gone on 3 trips and played golf 34 times. I’ll be at 36 by Wednesday. Playing tomorrow and Wednesday. I only play weekdays. And it’s mornings (too hot in the afternoon). Weekends are for the wife and the pool.

No way all of this is possible as a W2 employee.
I go to our cabin every weekend and hang out but don’t generally golf. 1099 - Very nice 2nd home. I’m sorry I’m starting to sound like DonP. lol I choose to golf in the afternoon so I’m done working and can have a few cold ones.

Also dont.forget about all the renewal income your FMO has made from your years of production. That is real value to an FMO business. Many agencies that sold to Integrity and Amerilife made millions. Where was the agents check in that deal? 🤔

Also dont.forget about all the renewal income your FMO has made from your years of production. That is real value to an FMO business. Many agencies that sold to Integrity and Amerilife made millions. Where was the agents check in that deal? 🤔
Yachts, boats, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th homes along with memberships at many golf courses for the FMO owners is where the agent money is at.

News Flash: Cigna will keep paying HRA fees for 2025! I hope other carriers follow suit.

For 2025, Cigna Healthcare will continue to:

• Offer our Value Based Enrollment program with "fair market value" payments to agents for collecting health risk assessments (HRAs) or submitting digital applications that include a valid primary care physician and/or customer email address.

We dont have Cigna MAPd in my state but has the valid email changed? Cigna has always required a valid email to get paid admin fees? Wondering if the rest will do that too. Also, kinda shocked because in the final rule, health assessments are going to be done by a special unit that has skilled knowledge to perform them. Maybe I’m just over thinking it all I hope all carriers will join them.

Cigna 2025....

For 2025, Cigna Healthcare will continue to:

• Pay resident and non-resident state appointment fees based on ourcurrent Rules of Engagement (ROE).

• Pay CMS approved agent-level commissions for Medicare Advantageplans.

•Maintain current commission structure for standalone Part Dplans.

• Offer our Value Based Enrollment program with "fair market value" payments to agents for collecting health risk assessments (HRAs) orsubmitting digital applications that include a valid primary carephysician and/or customer email address.

We are continuing to evaluate the following:

• Hierarchy engagement criteria for each agency level.

• ROE and compensation rate schedules for 2025.

• Agent, broker, and TPMO oversight program and reporting.

• Star Producer program criteria for 2025.

• New TPMO lead generation rule requiring TPMOs to obtain prior express written consent from beneficiaries for each party that can call a beneficiary.

Biden Administration Backs Off From Medicare Agent Pay Fight​

The Biden administration has backed off from quick implementation of a Medicare plan agent pay change that could have disrupted the upcoming Medicare plan annual enrollment period.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the agency that runs Medicare, is going along with a Texas federal court ruling that temporarily blocks implementation.

The agency and two coalitions that sued in Texas to block the pay-change regulation filed a joint scheduling proposal with the Texas court Wednesday.

The proposal shows that the parties could submit motions, replies and cross-motions at least until Jan. 24, after the Jan. 20 presidential inauguration.

Both sides could submit motions for summary judgment, or requests for quick court action on the case, by Sept. 27.

Back