Feedback on New Website

mmaedelins

Guru
100+ Post Club
Before I get in trouble for posting this here (since I already posted it on the website forum).... I just wanted to get the opinion of more people since I realize not everyone trolls the website forum.

Anyway, I created my first website yesterday and am just looking for feedback (and possibly a few likes!). Any feedback is good feedback. Thanks in advance for your help!

Here it is...

New Jersey's Business Insurance Lady - WELCOME!

That font is generally considered amateurish (although I love it).

Your font changes halfway down the page on the contact us section.

The contact form looks like it got five times the effort any of the other pages did.

I can't read the logo up at the top left and it looks like a CD cover. I'm sure the text says something, but between the size and font it's remarkably unclear.

Is this more to point existing clients to or is it to hopefully get some internet leads?

You probably want to consider getting on wordpress and figuring that out. I have some agents I've been hooking up with wordpress sites and SEO really cheap. It looks like you're doing this mostly yourself and I think you'd love wordpress if you get it up and running. Most website hosts have a free wordpress installer.

Menu on the left is too small.

where is the call to action?

Last edited:
Thanks, Chumps! I already corrected those issues when you listed them on the website forum. Check out the website now and see if there are still things that need to be corrected. BTW, I wasn't allowed to make the page links bigger on the left though I completely agree they are way too small.

Oh. That's odd. My first post on this thread contained my personal recommendations. You mean someone else copied them and posted them on the other thread?

They have nerve!

Well...Here's another.

I hope nobody copies this one:

This sentence, to me could be much better.

I deal only with A rated carriers and work with them to get a premium for you that is affordable without sacrificing coverage for your business.

A few things to consider:

1. "deal with" ... perhaps there's a better way to convey how you "work with," or "have relationships with" the insurers you write business for.

2. "without sacrificing coverage" ... maybe there's a better way to convey this without the word 'sacrifice' in there.

3. "only A rated" ... do you not work with A+ carriers?

Just a couple thoughts. Good luck.

Last edited:
what are you using to make the website?

the navi on the left is very very tiny on my screen i didnt even know there was links there.

There should be a CSS file where you can enlarge it.

what are you using to make the website?

the navi on the left is very very tiny on my screen i didnt even know there was links there.

There should be a CSS file where you can enlarge it.

Agree with this, it was very tiny on my screen as well. But everything else was very clear.

What about this:

"I work with only A+ rated carriers to get a premium for you that is both affordable and will (safeguard or protect) your business."

Here's another of my ideas. Watch somebody copy it. I know they will.

Agree with this, it was very tiny on my screen as well. But everything else was very clear.

What about this:

"I work with only A+ rated carriers to get a premium for you that is both affordable and will (safeguard or protect) your business."

I have a 27in monitor and could barely read the side bar! Other than that its a very nice looking site and doesn't look like a cookie-cutter insurance agent page.

I have a 27in monitor and could barely read the side bar! Other than that its a very nice looking site and doesn't look like a cookie-cutter insurance agent page.

That side bar is driving me nuts!! It won't let me enlarge the words or change the font so the best I could do was make it all caps hoping it would be easier to read. I'll have to keep messing around with it. There has to be a way to change the font size.

Thanks! :biggrin:

That side bar is driving me nuts!! It won't let me enlarge the words or change the font so the best I could do was make it all caps hoping it would be easier to read. I'll have to keep messing around with it. There has to be a way to change the font size.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Sure there is, just get it on wordpress :)

Back