Final Expense By Phone.com

Merlin

Expert
Anyone know the scoop on these guys. The website has a video claiming they know areas where mailing responses are 5-8%. Also, their closing ratio is around 20%....over the phone. Apparently the cost per thousand is around $400. Those numbers are excellent and I'm wondering if anyone can verify this.

Anyone know the scoop on these guys. The website has a video claiming they know areas where mailing responses are 5-8%. Also, their closing ratio is around 20%....over the phone. Apparently the cost per thousand is around $400. Those numbers are excellent and I'm wondering if anyone can verify this.

5% to 8% seems a little bit high for a mailing response to me. But I have not seen what they are mailing and I don't know who you are talking about.

Most companies charge around $400 for a 1000 mailing though. You can find cheaper but that price is about right.

Could you share there web address. I am also interested to see if anyone has any experience with this company. Thanks

I didn't talk to them personlly however know someone who did. They are referring their mail out to Main Steet and the price they claim as wholesale you can call and get the same price for $350/1000. AND the commissions I was told were really low! I guess just depends what you are looking for, the closing rates/conversion are MUCH MUCH lower over the phone. But again you just have to weigh the pros and the cons. Hope that helped!

Any agent that is naive enough to believe that deserves the bad experience that awaits them down that path... The only people talking about selling FE over the phone are Marketers.

I have not met, talked, or heard of an agent that is making a good consistent living selling over the phone... However, I have spoken with plenty of agents that bought in to the idea, and realized quickly they had made a mistake.

Maybe in 20-25 years that generation will be open to making that purchase over the phone, or Internet. However the FE market (58- 80 low income procrastinating skeptics) are not a viable group to present/close/and retain FE business via marketing over the phone. The phone is a useful tool to set the appointment for a face-to-face appt.

Believe me, I wish it was true and it worked because I would be all over it.

Last edited:
I have not met, talked, or heard of an agent that is making a good consistent living selling over the phone... However, I have spoken with plenty of agents that bought in to the idea, and realized quickly they had made a mistake.

Maybe in 20-25 years that generation will be open to making that purchase over the phone, or Internet. However the FE market (58- 80 low income procrastinating skeptics) are not a viable group to present/close/and retain FE business via marketing over the phone. The phone is a useful tool to set the appointment for a face-to-face appt.

Believe me, I wish it was true and it worked because I would be all over it.

So True! Preach it!!

Yeah, I gotta figure that the only way it's worth it is if you are getting around 15 leads/day at $10 a pop and are closing 2 out of the 15. But, if the leads are only $10 each then I wouldn't be so sure about the quality and then suddenly that 2 out of 15 turns into 1 out of 15. I wouldn't even know who could provide that volume. I don't believe it when I see 20% close ratio over the phone....maybe with a $35 lead. If a guy had his sh@t together and had a great system then maybe he could bang some numbers out but I havn't met that guy yet..

This is what/who is being referred to in the initial post:

wwwdotfinalexpensebyphonedotcom

I was thinking about it, but after reading these posts I am a little more skeptical.
I guess if it is so bad, how do you think these guys are making money? The commissions are low, but if the potential for sales is so low also as attested to in this forum, then that can't be it.
Also, doesn't appear that they are making money off of leads (from what I can tell) as the price makes sense and they are using a third party.
There are no other fees associated with it from what I can tell either, so why do it from their standpoint? Where's the money?

Back