FINAL EXPENSE DIRECT OR DIGITAL BGA?

Hey Jeff,

What is a tenured agent? Is it time in the business or time on board with you?
How about what percentage of agents make it past the first year ?

1 out of three?
1 out of 4 ?
1 out of five ?

How about the percentage of 1st year agents that lose 10-15k ?

Do any 1st year agents that leave owe him any money?

Does he release agents that leave in the 1st year ?

Who keeps the unearned commission and renewals when the agent quits within that first year ?

Does he use that money to inflate his numbers?

1 out of three?
1 out of 4 ?
1 out of five ?

Who keeps the unearned commission and renewals when the agent quits within that first year ?

Like you, I have been doing this a long time.
Newbies in years 1-3 fall out daily regardless if F2F, Telesales, Virtual (like me), or any hybrid of those.

On the other hand I would guess newbies are much more trainable than seasoned agents like us. Also, newbies don't know it can't be done. Many times mature agents are pretty jaded to anything that isn't what they do. The old "back in my day..." thing.

Numbers can be subjective. Example, one guy closes 20%, another guy closes 10%. Which one netted more income. One guy is averaging just $60mo per household the other is closer to $100mo. Just Numbers.

Hope you stay dry.

We have ramping and tenured agents. These are sales rates for various TV ads from tenured agents after 30 days has passed so it includes follow up.

You don't believe 15%, so I'm sure you won't believe this.

View attachment 14967
unless one saw bank accounts with deposits and total expenses those #’s only mean 1 thing . The person who overrides (you in this case ) made a shit ton of overrides .

Hey Jeff,

What is a tenured agent? Is it time in the business or time on board with you?
Hey! For our full time call center agents it's 3 months because they're having 7-8 presentations/day. They're getting a ton of reps in with daily training and they're gone before 3 months if they're not progressing.

For independent agents, it's based on time with us (not in the business) and working the business daily. So it's subjective and we tag them internally so we can get a real understanding of averages that don't include ramping agents that are still learning.

1 out of three?
1 out of 4 ?
1 out of five ?

Agents that make it past the first year? More like 1 out of 5 right now - we screen agents out as well. Really, those that don't make just don't apply consistent effort or didn't invest enough in leads and there's nothing we can do about that - that's the majority of agents out there.

Agents that lose $10k-$15k? 0% that I'm aware of. We're very clear that if you're not at least break even with money out vs deposits in the first month and consistent effort is being applied, this business isn't for you.

1st year agents owe the life insurance companies money (if they have chargebacks), not us. If they don't pay the life insurance company back, we have to pay. It's more like 1st year agents that leave in the 1st year leave us debt to pay, not owe us money. It's a liability to us.

Yes, we release agents with no debt at any time. We can't seem to stop releasing to @Rearden and his free lead program, haha. All good, most agents should be on a free lead program.

Agents keep the unearned commission and renewals when they leave us. They're vested 100%.

unless one saw bank accounts with deposits and total expenses those #’s only mean 1 thing . The person who overrides (you in this case ) made a shit ton of overrides .

That's your lens on this data?

I guess not everyone is able to see the hard work and massive investment it takes to achieve this.

You're assuming this is all override business on agents paying for leads (the majority is not) and that we make a "shit ton" on this without factoring in the overhead (100+ employees) which is significant.

Back