Final Expense Door-Knocking

I think he originally had one lead card, but then cold called the surrounding homes. On his first visit, he said the one appointment he had stood him up. In the end, all of his sales came from cold calling. RPhiilips, correct me if I am wrong.
My lead card was the brother with the AARP. As I was talking to him on a Thursday, his sister said that she would like to get some insurance on her grandchildren (A17F and A16M) to get them started with some coverage. We arranged for me to come back on Saturday to meet them and write the apps. Naturally their mother brought them over and so we wrote an app on her and her other young son.

I had had an appointment with the AARP brother but he had stood me up at 10AM so I swung back by on my way out of town at about 4PM on Thursday and established to come back on Saturday to write the children.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Congratulations on selling policies. Let us know in about a year if they are still inforce...

Perhaps eventually you'll graduate into actually becoming a professional.
Who peed in your coffee? I thought selling policies was the goal here... is it better to just be a consultant...

Last edited:
My lead card was the brother with the AARP. As I was talking to him on a Thursday, his sister said that she would like to get some insurance on her grandchildren (A17F and A16M) to get them started with some coverage. We arranged for me to come back on Saturday to meet them and write the apps. Naturally their mother brought them over and so we wrote an app on her and her other young son.

I had had an appointment with the AARP brother but he had stood me up at 10AM so I swung back by on my way out of town at about 4PM on Thursday and established to come back on Saturday to write the children.
quote]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I do not do lead cards. But have knocked on a few doors of orphans. Doing it the way you did it is awesome. Good way to build your book. Now you can go after grandma, Dad and the aunts and uncles. I just got an app in the mail from the 10th person of a string of sales from knocking on an orphans door. Smallest policy was about $35. PAC the largest was just over $200. PAC. I also have several more leads from the same house.

Congratulations on selling policies. Let us know in about a year if they are still inforce...

Perhaps eventually you'll graduate into actually becoming a professional.

Well, it's been about 10 months now, so are the policies still in force?

You already stopped all the negative comments about the be-back stuff by selling them, so I'm wondering about this other criticism.

(don't know the "rules" about "bumping" old threads, but I'm sure someone will come along and tell me pretty soon! :twitchy:)

When you guys are out door knocking how do you dress?

I have to be sure I look mature since I'm 25, but I don't want to look intimidating since I'm '6"7.... Any pointers, or is it simply an attitude thing?

Back