Final Expense Training Part 3 of 12

I think 360 has been on here and said he's 100% certain rgi doesn't resell its leads . Id think if they did his credibility would be shot.I also believe all new agts should start off door knocking.Another huge advantage for any agent door knocking is its great for older leads 90-180 days old as I've seen little difference in close ratios wether it's 2 months or 5 months old.

I think 360 has been on here and said he's 100% certain rgi doesn't resell its leads . Id think if they did his credibility would be shot.I also believe all new agts should start off door knocking.Another huge advantage for any agent door knocking is its great for older leads 90-180 days old as I've seen little difference in close ratios wether it's 2 months or 5 months old.

You are correct. Our leads are never resold and we also don't have the option of buying aged leads that have been sold previously. You are spot on with the leads that are older for sure. We do work a pocket of leads every now and then off of the aged ones that have never been sold before and they have performed very well.

You are correct. Our leads are never resold and we also don't have the option of buying aged leads that have been sold previously. You are spot on with the leads that are older for sure. We do work a pocket of leads every now and then off of the aged ones that have never been sold before and they have performed very well.

I worked those aged leads in Murray County Georgia this week during the blitz. Went on apts a day and a half and had a 20:1 ROI.

Leads and getting the most out of your start up cost/investment!:idea:

Direct Mail or DM Lead Cards
The biggest value of DM leads is that you can tweak out the target market by age, income, race, and since there is a lot more data available for DM than for Telemarket leads, it’s easier to get yourself a regular amount of leads in a given area.

Telemarketed or TM Leads
Usually cost less than DM but are limited in a given area! When you start to tweak out the age and income filters there are even less to call.

Internet Leads
Unfortunately, as of today, I only know of 1 guy that doesn’t resell his internet leads. The issue is that they are even harder to get in a given area than the TM leads. They are also the most expensive lead, but possibly the easiest to close!

A lot of IMO’s will recommend new agents to work TM leads while they are waiting for their DM’s to come in. I don’t agree with this. My feeling is that new agent’s should start door knocking their Direct Mail leads until they can afford to start calling to make their own appointments. DM’s are easier to Door Knock and are the standard! If you’re strong on the phone from day 1, then that is different. Unfortunately, most agents don’t jump into FE with lots of cash flow and phone experience, therefore Door Knocking is the way to go. At least it was for my wife and me during the better part of our first year!

1. Learn how to door knock. Once you have consistent cash flow, start setting appointments by phone!

2. Don’t waste money on appointment setters. After a year or so of experience, start ordering 30+ leads a week and then you can think about getting a setter.

If you take my advice on this subject, you will have a better chance of making it in this industry! Don’t get me wrong, I know there are exceptions to the rule! Efficiency is important for your investment but there is No appointment setter that will treat your leads the same way that you do.

Hope this is helpful and would love to see experienced agents share their experience on the topic!:GEEK:

Doug, I went back and read some of your earlier posts when you were struggling. Really inspiring stuff. I was reading where you thought part of your problems were because of the area you were working? I saw some people tell you just to buck up it's not the area. What did you decide to do? Do you still work that area, or did you go for greener pastures?

Leads and getting the most out of your start up cost/investment!:idea:

Direct Mail or DM Lead Cards
The biggest value of DM leads is that you can tweak out the target market by age, income, race, and since there is a lot more data available for DM than for Telemarket leads, it’s easier to get yourself a regular amount of leads in a given area.

Telemarketed or TM Leads
Usually cost less than DM but are limited in a given area! When you start to tweak out the age and income filters there are even less to call.

Internet Leads
Unfortunately, as of today, I only know of 1 guy that doesn’t resell his internet leads. The issue is that they are even harder to get in a given area than the TM leads. They are also the most expensive lead, but possibly the easiest to close!

A lot of IMO’s will recommend new agents to work TM leads while they are waiting for their DM’s to come in. I don’t agree with this. My feeling is that new agent’s should start door knocking their Direct Mail leads until they can afford to start calling to make their own appointments. DM’s are easier to Door Knock and are the standard! If you’re strong on the phone from day 1, then that is different. Unfortunately, most agents don’t jump into FE with lots of cash flow and phone experience, therefore Door Knocking is the way to go. At least it was for my wife and me during the better part of our first year!

1. Learn how to door knock. Once you have consistent cash flow, start setting appointments by phone!

2. Don’t waste money on appointment setters. After a year or so of experience, start ordering 30+ leads a week and then you can think about getting a setter.

If you take my advice on this subject, you will have a better chance of making it in this industry! Don’t get me wrong, I know there are exceptions to the rule! Efficiency is important for your investment but there is No appointment setter that will treat your leads the same way that you do.

Hope this is helpful and would love to see experienced agents share their experience on the topic!:GEEK:

There was a lot of bold and red highlights, so I picked green to accentuate my point. I don't understand this paragraph. How can one door knock direct mail leads that they don't have? I wrote well over $150K last year almost exclusively off of TM leads, and February was my first month full-time. Not saying that is a great number, but it is exactly the number I wanted to hit. So I guess I am a little biased to TM leads.

My personal work around to the 'lag' in leads was to do a direct mail drop, then I began my contracting...low and behold I had my first leads in by the time my final carrier appointment came in. 3-4 weeks. In that 3 week time, I studied the apps, underwriting guides and listened to a lot of presentations(that were recorded). I wrote a script of what I was going to say, then I ripped it up and wrote it again...rinse, wash and repeat and about 30 copies later I knew it...backward and forward. I also wrote $4,900 on my first 9 appointments, so maybe that's just me. That was off of the gubment E-64.

I guess I just don't agree with the whole DK your leads to death...I'll put it to you this way. I doorknocked 2 days last week because of low appointments...I wrote a whopping $1,200...woohoo. Now while I did get to cross off my leads for all of the not interested folk...I wrote...well...a bunch off of 13 appointments that my appointment setter lined up AND by a bunch, I mean a lot of agents would be happy to have what I did last week as their month.

I had an appointment setter from the start because I value my time...it was/is/will always be worth $15/appointment because frankly it is not something that I want to do and thank the lord I don't have to.

To circle back to TM leads. I like them. Plain and simple. I can usually run appointments 1.5 hours apart and hit 7 appts/day. If I have a full day of 7 appointments and I don't write 2K, I'm disappointed. To get 7 appointments a day or 14 appointments a week I would need 25-30 Tele leads. On that I would close an easy 4K.

The key to tele leads is knowing how to pivot in the house. I know I'm a broken record, but that is the KEY to more sales. Learn the transitional phrases needed to make you more sales.

There was a lot of bold and red highlights, so I picked green to accentuate my point. I don't understand this paragraph. How can one door knock direct mail leads that they don't have? I wrote well over $150K last year almost exclusively off of TM leads, and February was my first month full-time. Not saying that is a great number, but it is exactly the number I wanted to hit. So I guess I am a little biased to TM leads.

My personal work around to the 'lag' in leads was to do a direct mail drop, then I began my contracting...low and behold I had my first leads in by the time my final carrier appointment came in. 3-4 weeks. In that 3 week time, I studied the apps, underwriting guides and listened to a lot of presentations(that were recorded). I wrote a script of what I was going to say, then I ripped it up and wrote it again...rinse, wash and repeat and about 30 copies later I knew it...backward and forward. I also wrote $4,900 on my first 9 appointments, so maybe that's just me. That was off of the gubment E-64.

I guess I just don't agree with the whole DK your leads to death...I'll put it to you this way. I doorknocked 2 days last week because of low appointments...I wrote a whopping $1,200...woohoo. Now while I did get to cross off my leads for all of the not interested folk...I wrote...well...a bunch off of 13 appointments that my appointment setter lined up AND by a bunch, I mean a lot of agents would be happy to have what I did last week as their month.

I had an appointment setter from the start because I value my time...it was/is/will always be worth $15/appointment because frankly it is not something that I want to do and thank the lord I don't have to.

To circle back to TM leads. I like them. Plain and simple. I can usually run appointments 1.5 hours apart and hit 7 appts/day. If I have a full day of 7 appointments and I don't write 2K, I'm disappointed. To get 7 appointments a day or 14 appointments a week I would need 25-30 Tele leads. On that I would close an easy 4K.

The key to tele leads is knowing how to pivot in the house. I know I'm a broken record, but that is the KEY to more sales. Learn the transitional phrases needed to make you more sales.

G, can you explain pivot ling and the transitional phrases.

Thank you

Doug, I went back and read some of your earlier posts when you were struggling. Really inspiring stuff. I was reading where you thought part of your problems were because of the area you were working? I saw some people tell you just to buck up it's not the area. What did you decide to do? Do you still work that area, or did you go for greener pastures?

The problem WAS the area and the first day I got out of Miami/Ft Lauderdale to sell, my wife and I noticed a BIG difference.

A few months ago I decided to get some TM leads in Miami to see if I was any better than before, 50 leads = 14 appointments = 3 Sits = 1 sale... yep 1 sale! People were chasing me away without even letting me in when I already had a set appointment!

----------

I guess I just don't agree with the whole DK your leads to death...I'll put it to you this way.

Great post D! I love that you brought up pivoting and would love to hear a couple of examples.

Let me be clear on why I recommend NEW FE agents to Door Knock and NOT use an appointment setter!

Your typical NEW guy doesn't have the cash flow to burn through the learning curve like you did when you first started. He's afraid of failing because it could put him in a desperate position therefore, my thinking is to squeeze the life out of every move he makes and to

A. Use the best quality lead available, to me that would be a Direct Mail Lead

B. Door knock until he has the cash flow and is comfortable with calling to set his own appointments

Back