Final Expense

Is Forethought not competitive when it comes to smokers? Somehow I do not run into that many smokers during my in house visits. Newby, Give us a quote on a 57 male smoker, $7500.00 of coverage.

Last edited:
Is Forethought not competitive when it comes to smokers? Somehow I do not run into that many smokers during my in house visits. Newby, Give us a quote on a 57 male smoker, $7500.00 of coverage.

Forethought is about average for smokers. 57 male smoker on lifetime pay is $41 monthly. 57-year olds usually buy a minimum of $15,000 though.

Forethought is about average for smokers. 57 male smoker on lifetime pay is $41 monthly. 57-year olds usually buy a minimum of $15,000 though.

Looks like Citizens beats that by at least $5 per month. Around $10 per month for preferred. Add a couple dollars more per month for the extra accidental death benefit.

Looks like Citizens beats that by at least $5 per month. Around $10 per month for preferred. Add a couple dollars more per month for the extra accidental death benefit.

Yes I have Citizens rates. I was just wondering if there was anyone else I'm overlooking.

Columbia Management is owned by Shep Cutler, one of the "orginal" final expense salespersons. He's known througout the industry and even had a front page with a story in Senior Market Advisor Magazine.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a lot of support though. None of their carriers are a big deal.

However, Shep is a great guy. I've spoken with him many times.

Rick
I recently joined Columbia Management. The only support I received was the names of a direct mail firm and a telemarketing firm. They put me with Assurity Life which I feel is lousy for service.

I recently joined Columbia Management. The only support I received was the names of a direct mail firm and a telemarketing firm. They put me with Assurity Life which I feel is lousy for service.
As I posted previously, you're not going to get a lot if support. Is Assurity the only FE company you have? It's neither the only one nor necessarily the best carrier.

All you need to do is contract with other carriers - Royal Neighbors, Americo, etc. Virtually all direct mail carriers will do a similar mailing at a similar price (about $400/1000).

Unfortunately, you'll find limited support from most FMOs.

Rick

Back