Finalexpense101.com

Thanks "Irish", I really appreciate the kind words.

I still remember what it was like when I first started July 5, 1993. The promises of leads and training were nonexistent, they were "hollow promises". I was handed a stack of apps, a Medicare Guide book and a voter registration list and told to "go get'em".

I'm in a position where I can afford to spend some time helping agents get pointed in the right direction. I always have time to talk to agents who are new to the Med Supp market, even agents who have been in it for a while and want to share "war stories".

I use to have a "real job" and now it would take an act of Congress to get me to go back to it. :D

This guy knows what he's talking about.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jody 12-02-2009, 10:36 PM

"One trick I use during our chit chat session in the beginning:

I will ask if they are on a fixed income. If they say yes, I will ask if it's automatically deposited or do they get the check in the mail?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry Frank didn't mean to merge a Jody quote with your post

Last edited:
I can only give you my own experience. First of all, I have over 30 years experience in the Life & Health Industry in Sales. I quit for over 10 yrs. and as my income needs are in need of replenishment, I've decided to get into FE and MS.

I have sent numerous e-mails to Travis (Equita) and have had not one response, so I tried Jody. I immediately was given info. which I requested. He did not force me in any way to reply to his postings. Later, when I had an issue with his site, I called and left a voice message. He returned my call within the hour and that was in the evening where he lives. I found him to be very courteous, very informational and a person who appears to want to help.

S, you bashers, mind your own business. If you have something CONCSTRUCTIVE to offer; go for it. Otherwise---SHUT-UP.

Jody, I recommend you just ignore their stupid rants. You lend credibility to them when you continue to reply.. I wish you much continued and well deserved success.

Jody 12-02-2009, 10:36 PM

"Once you know they have an account, it gives you the confidence you need to ask for the information when you get to the end of the application."

"So Mrs. Jones, what was the name of your bank? What day do you want to make the payment? And so you know, most insurance companies don't accept monthly payments through the mail anymore so they are going to be debiting the money out of your account each month. Do you have some proof that it's your account? Like a void check or deposit slip?

How can any one who calls themselves a
salesman/woman defend these quotes?

When on an appointment do you ask for a glass or do you swallow the vomit?

If you think this smooth then contract under Jody, you deserve it.

Makes life easier for the rest of us. Go on defend it.

Just for the record, I never contracted with Equita nor do I do very much in final expense. I'm no fan of Travis because he blew me off when I asked for information and never returned one phone call. I don't recommend either Travis nor Equita.

Jody may or may not have anything of value. BUt here's a guy who was bitching and moaning in July and suddenly he's found the brass ring.

I have food stuck in my colon for longer than he's been selling. Ask him how much he's earned since June and see if you call BS also.

Perhaps he's compiled information that is of value. But to hold himself out as an expert after 5 months is laughable.

Rick

Will do. Good advice. Thank you.

I can only give you my own experience. First of all, I have over 30 years experience in the Life & Health Industry in Sales. I quit for over 10 yrs. and as my income needs are in need of replenishment, I've decided to get into FE and MS.

I have sent numerous e-mails to Travis (Equita) and have had not one response, so I tried Jody. I immediately was given info. which I requested. He did not force me in any way to reply to his postings. Later, when I had an issue with his site, I called and left a voice message. He returned my call within the hour and that was in the evening where he lives. I found him to be very courteous, very informational and a person who appears to want to help.

S, you bashers, mind your own business. If you have something CONCSTRUCTIVE to offer; go for it. Otherwise---SHUT-UP.

Jody, I recommend you just ignore their stupid rants. You lend credibility to them when you continue to reply.. I wish you much continued and well deserved success.

Just for the record, I never contracted with Equita nor do I do very much in final expense. I'm no fan of Travis because he blew me off when I asked for information and never returned one phone call. I don't recommend either Travis nor Equita.

Rick we did talk one time on the phone, and honestly I could tell right off you would not be a good fit for the Equita Lead program. You only wanted to do it part time, you had Medicare stuff going….

However, I do enjoy the humor in your post all over the board…

FYI, for any agent emailing me about the lead program. If you expect a response from me you need to include your name, state in which you’re licensed, a contact phone number, and brief history about your Insurance/Sales history. I only spend my time on serious inquiries... I have reruns of Seinfeld I could be watching... :)

Last edited:
At the end of your posts you offer your e-mail address for those who want the best opportunity--blah--blah---blah. You make no mention of your "required information". So, when I respond and ask for further info., a courteous, professional, and dedicated person would respond and ask for the info. you require. Talk about Arrogance. You just go right ahead and watch TV. You apparently have set yourself way too high up on your own pedestal, and I can tell by YOUR comments, that I wouldn't want to work with someone of your Superior attitude. Thank you for finally reponding, but NO THANKS.

While I had an issue with Travis in the past, he is the real deal. He's been here for over 2 years and offered final expense information since then.

You can dislike him for a number of reasons, you can dislike me for even more reasons, but you cannot ever question his experience or knowledge.

On the other hand, Jody is just the latest newbie that figured out how to offer contracts. Beating on your chest telling everyone how great you are doesn't cut it here. You need to earn credibility. Travis has done just that.

Rick

Last edited:
When I was a new agent 9 months ago, I thought this board had all the answers and was gonna be my way to EZ big commissions and a good lifestyle.

I read all the lead info, how much profit you would make, and walked around with $$$ signs in my eyes for a month.

Yep! I ordered batch after batch of leads to the tune of about $800 per week and waited for my pot of gold. Sometimes I ordered dialer and telemarketed leads.

99% of those leads did'nt have the foggiest idea who I was, or hid from me, or did'nt answer the door or phone. Three to four weeks later, I had spent all my money and was dead broke!

When I finally figured out that a "lead" was no more than a cold call anyway, I decided that if I was gonna make it, I'd have to become a true salesman. OMG! Being dead broke will make you try things you don't want to do.

I just started working the streets and neighborhoods and talking to everyone I could and then what happened was..............:idea::idea::idea:

Maybe I should sell the rest of this story

Back