Finding DSNPs

Brandon242424

Anyone have any good ideas to locate and/or target people who have Medicare and Medicaid? What have you been using? I have heard DM's work and Facebook ads, but curious to see how others are grabbing these people. Thanks!

Direct mail. Facebook is good too. Be careful though, CMS marketing rules prohibit cherry picking. If you target DSNP run alongside other non DSNP marketing. Just out of curiosity, why in the world would you actively want to work DSNP clients?

I highly doubt you’ll have any issue running a DSNP direct mail lead. That wasn’t the intention of that rule.

I highly doubt you’ll have any issue running a DSNP direct mail lead. That wasn’t the intention of that rule.

In the AHIP training it talks about not attempting to recruit medicare beneficiaries from higher income areas without comparable efforts to enroll medicare beneficiaries from lower income areas. In the reverse, why would that be ok but the above not?

In the AHIP training it talks about not attempting to recruit medicare beneficiaries from higher income areas without comparable efforts to enroll medicare beneficiaries from lower income areas. In the reverse, why would that be ok but the above not?

I’m not one to say, hey they “can’t” screw with you but imo doing a DSNP mailer is perfectly fine and has been done for years.
I do an income filter on my DM leads every month.

I’m not one to say, hey they “can’t” screw with you but imo doing a DSNP mailer is perfectly fine and has been done for years.
I do an income filter on my DM leads every month.

I athink I am going to agree with you that an agent is not going to go down for only doing DSNP mailers. I would imagine the potential risk would be in the event the agent was targerting mid year DSNP replacements and was changing their plans to generate a commisison (which sadly so many do) and it became problamatic due to complaints....they would probably just pile that one on top of the list of offenses.

Well where I live there is a pretty big population of DSNPs and AEP this year was not very good. I am also part of a IMO for UHC and they want numbers hit. And to answer your question on why would I want to DSNPs is exactly why, because people don't want to meet these folka but I don't mind. Thanks!

Well where I live there is a pretty big population of DSNPs and AEP this year was not very good. I am also part of a IMO for UHC and they want numbers hit. And to answer your question on why would I want to DSNPs is exactly why, because people don't want to meet these folka but I don't mind. Thanks!

You have a point there, many agents don't like to work the DSNP market...biggest complaining segment in my experience. I personally don't want that risk since I am 99% over the phone. I try to refer assign them to agents that are in our network if they come in as a referal or from or facebook marketing.

If you are an independant agent, you should not be pressured by your IMO to make sales and most importantly not be pressured to make Medicare Advantage sales because steering is prohibited. Tell your IMO to back off.

Back