First day with the Telemarketer

M&M....I like the idea of a "Special Report". Very non-threating. Gives you a reason to follow up. Have you used this, and are the results any better? Are there any "Reports" out there that a new agent might latch onto?

It may just be a situation of your marketer needs some polish... even if she is a seasoned marketer, there will be a learning curve on the presentation of the script...

never just pitch the person who answers the phone unless you want to waste time... yours and your marketer... teach her to cut short any unneccessary banter with secretaries or remaining on hold too long for the owner...

if you are calling 1-4, many of the owners should be answering the phone.

Some companies should just be wiped out of the data base.... hmmm NAIL SALONS for one... the one you may get is not worth the 1000 "owna not here" not to mention, the owners of those places don't go for ice water....

The fact that this is a numbers game is very true and no one with any sense of marketing will deny that, but, that being said, there are many variables to consider and experience is one of the big ones.

Good luck and for what it's worth, feel free to email if I can help you.

retiring in 12-15 years

Gee, so I will be the only experienced one left on this forum when that happens.

At $11 per hour...she is well worth it...even (WARNING WARNING...COMMENT COMING ABOUT OHIO'S LOW RATES) with our low rates here.

Does OH have low rates?

Gee, I never knew that.

M&M....I like the idea of a "Special Report". Very non-threating. Gives you a reason to follow up. Have you used this, and are the results any better? Are there any "Reports" out there that a new agent might latch onto?

Yes, I use them extensively in my prospecting. They get excellent results. None that I know of that you can buy, you write 'em yourself.

Just curious, M&M, what is your primary market?

My target is small business owners, self-employed folk like professionals, etc.

I go in with health insurance because it's a demand product. Did about 170 individual cases last year. Once I have a client, I attempt to cross-sell life (large face amounts of term insurance generally), and DI.

With the health insurance, I have the health history, so I know where to go with the life/DI.

I've been blessed, it's been very successful for me.

My script was plain and straightforward. "Mr/Ms my name is Mike Warren. I work with some of the business owners in your (or, I'm calling on the business owners in your) area to see if we might have the opportunity to quote your group health insurance when it renews." Then you shut up and let them answer. They may not have group insurance, they may hate their agent, they may be thinking about getting insurance etc...at this point it doesn't matter, you have opened the discussion, let them respond.

Excellent approach. I am about a week away from hiring a telemarketer as well to do B2B calls. I appreciate the info share.

Here are the keys to telemarketing. I noticed a lot of our customers posted on this link. The script and tone is critical. Most agents like to use the telemarketing script at an advertisement. It is not. It is to find an interest. We have scripts for everything from P&C to MP to health, senior benefits, annuities and medicare. If you wish some of those scripts or advice on tone just let me know. I would be more than happy to share them with you. Give me a call or email me.
Gary
912-944-2540 email: [email protected]

Back