First day with the Telemarketer

I've had no problems generating 4 leads per hour on the dialer with a standard "save you 30%" script. However, I'm using a HSA script, still generating those same 3 to 4 leads per hour but the quality of the lead has improved siginficantly.

My theory is owners find it more plausable that they can save a significant amount of money with a HSA then just by switching to another PPO product.

I'm glad to hear the software is working out for you. I had to call some friends over at NASA to help me figure out how to use that program.

:laugh: I know the feeling!! What I had to do was re-write the manual. It is so poorly written, it takes an engineer to understand it. (Obviously written by an engineer!)

If they would only spend a few bucks on a good tech writer.....

The harsh reality is, it's a numbers game.

Bravo Warrenins! This is real and only secret. Great advice that has stood the test of time no matter what industry...

Reminds me of the story of the guy who propositions each gal that passes by and gets slapped 98 out of 100 times... well you know or can guess the outcome from the other 2....

What is a "lead"? How are we defining that?

As JR said,
a lead to me is a situation where a prospect and I agree to spend 10 minutes to discuss the opportunity to work together. I call this step a "first-in appointment."

Basically, if a client wants some additional information about health rates, then I consider that a lead.

I have been getting telemarketed leads for the last year through an MGA. Some were good leads, some not. Meaning, some were expecting my call & ok for a quote, & some had told the telemarketer they weren't interested at all. So, in an attempt to generate my own leads that I know are actually interested, I started calling with the dialer. So I am assuming that I am generating the same type of lead that costs $20/lead from some of these telemarketing companies.

Did someone tell you it is possible to get 4 - 5 leads per hour or did you just pull this out of the air?

From talking with John,
I've had no problems generating 4 leads per hour on the dialer with a standard "save you 30%" script.

what dialer are you using?

I am using Gary's MCS dialer.

I know it's a numbers game, so I am just calling & keeping track of my results. I am on my 2nd week calling with the dialer & happy with it so far. But based on John's results, I feel like I should be generating a few more leads. I might just try the HSA script today & see how that works out.

Any other thoughts?...

She told me to day she was having trouble talking to the owner. The way she is asking is "Hi this is Ashley with Louisiana Health Solutions is the owner in". It does not sound very effective. Should she just ask say. "Hi is the owner In." Then if the ask why she could go into the intro. Also we are just calling B2B 1-4 Employees I wonder if it would be better just to talk to the person that answers the phone.

She told me to day she was having trouble talking to the owner. The way she is asking is "Hi this is Ashley with Louisiana Health Solutions is the owner in". It does not sound very effective. Should she just ask say. "Hi is the owner In." Then if the ask why she could go into the intro. Also we are just calling B2B 1-4 Employees I wonder if it would be better just to talk to the person that answers the phone.

Neither. She needs to have a list with the owner's name, and ask for them specifically.

Don't tell them who you are until/if they ask. "Hi, may I speak with Joe Smith please."

I agree that having the owner's name is absolutely critical. I dismiss just about any call immediately that asks for "the owner or decision maker." Finding a list should be relatively easy and inexpensive. $99 at Data Depot will do. Otherwise, check with your local library and see if they have a subscripiton to Reference USA. I can access it remotely and use their entire business database.

Back