First Offender Applying for Ga License

As moonlight said, the system feeds off itself. it grinds and spits out offenders. Only to make it hard for them to succeed. And yes, how much justice can you afford!

LOL....where did moonlight say this?

Thanks for all the replies people. Really is greatly appreciated it. I submitted my application almost two weeks ago and it is still under state review.

I called and they told me because of the criminal background it had to go to a different department for review. Tuesday will be a full two weeks.

Anyone have any information on how long this process takes in the Georgia?

Again, thanks for all the replies!

I would suspect you will be ok. I had a few issues that I was worried about when I tried to get licensed. The main thing was back child support and several tax liens due to owing the IRS a nice chunk of change (think Corvette size--or two).

With that said, I did have to jump thru some hoops and submit alot of paperwork but in the end, I got my license.

You can do the same, I'm sure.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE 100% HONEST ON THE APPLICATION! No need to give them a reason to shoot you down. Honesty is the best policy!

Good luck my friend!!
So you made it through the licensing hoop, how hard was it to get appointments?

Just be honest with them and explain it was a mistake and they will usually work with you.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Thanks for all the replies people. Really is greatly appreciated it. I submitted my application almost two weeks ago and it is still under state review.

I called and they told me because of the criminal background it had to go to a different department for review. Tuesday will be a full two weeks.

Anyone have any information on how long this process takes in the Georgia?

Again, thanks for all the replies!

I think in this case no news is good news. If they were going to reject it flat out, I would think you would've heard already. Good luck to you and congrats for making your life better.

Well looks like GA is finally going to issue me a 12 month license but it will be on probation...

Now I've got to get my Texas Non-resident License and start getting appointments....

Again, I have a first offender record that is sealed. The record is drug related.

Carriers do not have access to the same records as State insurance departments right?

For example.. Aflac does not have access to the same criminal records as the GA department of Insurance?

Can anyone confirm this?

Well looks like GA is finally going to issue me a 12 month license but it will be on probation...

Now I've got to get my Texas Non-resident License and start getting appointments....

Congrats on moving forward in a positive way with your life M,

Why do you need a Texas lic too?

Congrats on moving forward in a positive way with your life M,

Why do you need a Texas lic too?

Well, Actually I need Texas, South Carolina, Alabama and West Virginia.

The company I work for has assigned me to those states and I will be selling med supps their

Did you have to sign a consent order? You have disclose it to Texas, also you will have to disclose it to the insurance companies, Most will sign you, some won't.

Latest posts

Back