First WellCare, then...

While I sent in paperwork for UH - AARP, I've not heard anything back yet so I don't know if they are actually 'serious' in my area (Sacramento, CA).
Al

I just inquired for the umpteenth time about my UHC contract today, and was told that, due to overwhelming response from agents, they are several weeks away from completing all the applications. They had to hire extra help to process all the apps! So hang in there!!

Yeah, I hear you. It is also a convenient excuse for the FMO to use. :skeptical:

I try to accept the information given at face value, but I have a memory, and when the same excuse is used again, I question further until I find "the rest of the story" (as Paul Harvey would say). If I can obtain a work-around, I go for it, but in this case, I'm stuck for the moment, so I am just sharing the info I have at this time.:dull:

I just inquired for the umpteenth time about my UHC contract today, and was told that, due to overwhelming response from agents, they are several weeks away from completing all the applications. They had to hire extra help to process all the apps! So hang in there!!

I've called for the umpteenth time as well. My FMO is absolutely no help and unresponsive. A few weeks ago someone from UHC called and said I needed to get my updated E&O in (mine expires every year on 10/15). So while I was on the phone, I faxed it to him. Two days later I get the same call from the same guy. Man was I pissed at this point. So on 10/17/07 I call to see when everything will be available. I was told they didn't have my E&O or a copy of my insurance license. Now I'm really pissed. So I fax it over while I'm on the phone and they confirm it was received.

Fast forward to today, I call to find out about the AARP Med Supp availability and was told they still didn't have my E&O. I asked the lady if they had record of my insurance license. She said they did. I told her that it was impossible for them to not have my E&O since the two were sent together in the same fax. She checked the fax scan system and viola, it was there.

If this is any sign of things to come, we are in trouble. I completed the paperwork on 09/12/07 and faxed it the same day. They still don't have it complete. Good luck to everyone trying to get on this train. Don't assume that just because you haven't heard anything that it's all ok. I'd make some calls.

What a week! This week has been very volatile. Now I'm looking for another carrier.

MEGA scars me. Just Google...

Coventry will not allow any application distribution prior to November 15th. I can't see everybody between Nov 15th till Dec 31st. Some will have to wait till the like-to-like season. And their stock slipped 6.7%* yesterday?

Maybe UnitedHealth? Though just like Aetna they have limited market strengths in their product lineup. Great names though!

UAFC pops back up on radar, again, though my past experience was one of the worst of all carriers last year.

* Forbes.com 10-26-2007 Quote: "Now Thomas Carroll, the health services analyst at Stifel Nicolaus, said rumors were circulating that Humana may be the subject of a similar investigation. Carroll said that speculation is that the raid at WellCare was related to Medicare and Medicaid fraud..."

So my question for the Forum:

Which MA/MAPD carrier are you going with this season, and am I the only one whom has concerns?

Anyone have a link on the above quote WRT Humana?

I will probably stick with Humana but my guess is that I won't write as much as I am planning on being much more aggressive in marketing supplements instead. I know there aren't a lot of Humana fans here, but their plans are much better in LA this year, and almost all of the other carriers have cherrympicked and are not marketing in the areas that I am looking to work.

Back