Fixed Annuity Rates - Who's Good Right Now?

Which Lincoln? And which product are you speaking of?

LFG.

He is speaking of the "New Directions" IA.
It has a 6 year or 8 year option.

For over $100K on the 8 year; it has a 3.1% Fixed Rate, 14.05% 2 year p2p, and a 5.4% Performance Triggered Rate (If the index is flat or better you get 5.4%; you only get the Guaranteed Rate of 2.5% if the market is negative).

For under $100K the Triggered Rate is 5.2%.
For 6 year rates its 4.7%/5%

Its a very strong product, one of my favorites.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So degoldenz that is why I ask why not stick it all in the index? DODODODODODODODO you have entered the Twilight Zone.....:mad:

Better yet; on that particular product, if the Index is negative you get credited a Guaranteed Rate of 2.5%!
LFG also has another IA with a triggered account, its the OptiPoint. Its their bonus IA, and its a flex premium if you wish to utilize it.

Last edited:
LFG.

For over $100K on the 8 year; it has a 3.1% Fixed Rate, 14.05% 2 year p2p, and a 5.4% Performance Triggered Rate (If the index is flat or better you get 5.4%; you only get the Guaranteed Rate of 2.5% if the market is negative).

:yes: that's it. i really like the product. simple story to what can be a complex product. my numbers were based on less than 100k and 6yr option.
LFG.

Better yet; on that particular product, if the Index is negative you get credited a Guaranteed Rate of 2.5%!

hmm, i am unaware of that. my wholesaler told me otherwise. that a negative index credits that 'bucket' with 0%. which is why it is best to divide it between options.

i'm not doubting you. i'm def gonna make some calls on monday!

Last edited:
LFG.

LFG also has another IA with a triggered account, its the OptiPoint. Its their bonus IA, and its a flex premium if you wish to utilize it.

Lafayette Life had a product that during years 1-10 had a 2% guarantee and year 11+ 3% guarantee and the way it worked is the product would be crediting the base rate and if the market performed they would be credited the excess interest very easy concept to understand and a great alternative to low paying CDs....

North American has 4.25% for its 10 year product, and that's the high band (over $200k).

8 year product is at 3.85% high band and 3.65% low band.

I am personally new to annuities, although our contracts include them, and our agent partners sell them. I just want to ask those of you with experience on annuities, if you can tell me how this product stacks up. American General has a fixed product with a 2k minimum qualified, or 5k non-qual. Guarantee is 3.7% for 9 years, 2% thereafter. 10% per year withdrawal is allowed. Based on the above posts, this seems decent (not as high as some, but from an A rated carrier, etc.). Also the 2k/5k seems much lower than other insurance companies, with rates close to the same. Could you give me some feedback, how this stacks up with other options, especially for smaller cases? The product is HorizonChoice.

Last edited:
Is this qualified money? If not, have you considered life insurance? Depending on company, can be issue through age 90 and may also be done on a simplified issue basis.

There is better product out there. And if I was shopping for fixed, I wouldn't lock a client into a 9+ year product. Interest rates will likely be up in two or three years. If the client can only afford $2k, an annuity doesn't really make sense unless they want to fund for retirement.

I am personally new to annuities, although our contracts include them, and our agent partners sell them. I just want to ask those of you with experience on annuities, if you can tell me how this product stacks up. American General has a fixed product with a 2k minimum qualified, or 5k non-qual. Guarantee is 3.7% for 9 years, 2% thereafter. 10% per year withdrawal is allowed. Based on the above posts, this seems decent (not as high as some, but from an A rated carrier, etc.). Also the 2k/5k seems much lower than other insurance companies, with rates close to the same. Could you give me some feedback, how this stacks up with other options, especially for smaller cases? The product is HorizonChoice.

Back