Fixed Bars on Window

Hefe

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a client in CA that is being non-renewed because the home has security bars on the windows that are not releasable. As far as I can tell, most every carrier asks about the bars and does not want fixed bars.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have a client in CA that is being non-renewed because the home has security bars on the windows that are not releasable. As far as I can tell, most every carrier asks about the bars and does not want fixed bars.

Anyone have any ideas?

fixed bars is stupid, prevents firefighters from entering quickly and prevents the clients from escaping.

I would suggest openable (is that a word?) bars. I doubt they will find any coverage, Most carriers will do a drive by and see the bars.

I agree, they are stupid. First carrier non-renewed asking for releasable bars, I suggested taking the bars off completely. Maybe they will listen to me when they can't get coverage.

the best thing I've seen are steel shutters that open and close on demand, they look nice and the best thing is that they open!

Bars on windows must have a quick release from the interior of the home. Not aware of any carriers that will offer coverage otherwise, except maybe CA FAIR Plan.

Bad idea to keep the fixed bars on the windows...

the best thing I've seen are steel shutters that open and close on demand, they look nice and the best thing is that they open!

so what happens in a wiring fire with no power?

a storm comes thru and knocks out the power, people lite candles and catch the place on fire.

NOTHING is full proof

Back