Fixed Index Annuities

RE: Anico product

Perhaps I don't understand it correctly but it seems a little nerve racking to determine when to lock. Say you lock in year 4 because of a decent return on the 7 year product. Then year 5 rolls around and that is when it would of been optimum to lock. Now somebody looks like or feels like they just lost a good bit of money.

All this guessing when to lock stuff...........a little nerve racking to me. Ultimately the client makes the decision but you know damm well they are going to ask you what you think.

Or what if year 5 was the best year in a 10 year product yet you held out and got nervous so in year 8 you lock. The whole time you are kicking yourself in the ass for not locking in year 5. Then to top it all off, year 9 would of at least been better than year 8.

Am I missing something here? Is this how this works? :skeptical:

So after choosing when to lock in gains, are you restricted to just the 2%, or can you still participate in indexed gains?

So basically you choose which year to recognize gains in and the recognized account balance is credited the corresponding percent for that year, then its prorated over the remaining years...?? But you just get the 2% for the remaining years??

So after choosing when to lock in gains, are you restricted to just the 2%, or can you still participate in indexed gains?

So basically you choose which year to recognize gains in and the recognized account balance is credited the corresponding percent for that year, then its prorated over the remaining years...?? But you just get the 2% for the remaining years??

From what I gather, yes when I inquired about them. Problem is, what if you don't have gains for quite sometime. Then you and the client start getting jumpy.

My close friend does about 4 mill a year in annuity premium (annuity guru) and he doesn't like this product. He won't use it. That speaks volumes to me. The people above him do 10x that amount and they don't use it either. Seems like a crap shoot to me.

From what I gather, yes when I inquired about them. Problem is, what if you don't have gains for quite sometime. Then you and the client start getting jumpy.

My close friend does about 4 mill a year in annuity premium (annuity guru) and he doesn't like this product. He won't use it. That speaks volumes to me. The people above him do 10x that amount and they don't use it either. Seems like a crap shoot to me.

who does he use?

I will take a shot in the dark and guess it starts with an "A", either AE, aviva or allianz.

In no certain order:
1) Great American
2) ING
3) Jackson National
4) Symetra (not so much lately)

(I don't think I missed anybody)

*used to write some LSW but their belly is full right now

Never wrote an Aviva or Allianz product.

Last edited:
In no certain order:
1) Great American
2) ING
3) Jackson National
4) Symetra (not so much lately)

(I don't think I missed anybody)

*used to write some LSW but their belly is full right now

Never wrote an Aviva or Allianz product.

Thanks. JNL has a solid annuity platform.
Never looked at Great American. Will though.

Thanks. JNL has a solid annuity platform.
Never looked at Great American. Will though.

Also, take a look at the ING Premier 3. Great for CD type money right now. 5.75? 1st year rate with a decent portfolio rate to follow. I don't have the complete skinny on it but everyone knows ING. Brand recognition can be huge for some people. Oh and that is a 5 year product I believe.

AE = American Equity?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Or perhaps American Eagle now offers annuities lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back