Florida Blue Pulling Out of Florida?

There is truth to the title of this thread.
They are actually pulling out of several counties in 2017 for medicare products and focusing on Obamacrap.

MedicareAgent confirms what I heard.

I originally heard it at the Humana Launch in Orlando. A few agents I know were talking about it, unfortunately there wasnt a whole lot of details as everyone's knowledge was a little vague. But one, his name is Chris (I wont disclose his last name), told me that Florida Blue, is losing money on the Medicare business, and they want to focus on ObummerCare. (He did not specify whether or not it was limited to counties, or the entire state. And unfortunately I did not have the time to pry further, and I have not had the chance to give him a call to follow up on the details.

It would not surprise me if this is true, by looking at their 2016 plans in Lake County, they are not that competitive.

In my area I was told that Blue is pulling out of the Medicare advantage plan arena from Manatee county down through Lee county in 2017.

If anyone wants contracts on Aetna and UHC let me know !!!
:)

In my area I was told that Blue is pulling out of the Medicare advantage plan arena from Manatee county down through Lee county in 2017.

As we are approaching 2017, anymore news on Florida Blue leaving certain counties?

As we are approaching 2017, anymore news on Florida Blue leaving certain counties?

I've been told by my Florida Blue guy that they are continuing everything in 2017 with some 'improvements' in the RPPO, how anyone could make comments a year ago about 2017 is beyond comprehension

Did you just give yourself a thumbs up for self promoting?

Back