Florida Blue Pulling Out of Florida?

I know Florida Blue is testing a new version of plan under another name here in Pinellas Pasco called Alignment. The rumor I heard is that if it does well, the old Blue will be replaced. However, it is not doing all that well.... a lot of glitches.

The CGA(Contracted General Agent) holds the contract with Florida Blue. The CGA can appoint agents under him as independent contractors. All commissions are paid to the CGA. I have worked with 2 CGA's in the past at different times. After building a small book of business they terminated my contract and therefore continue to receive my renewals which were about $10,000 annually at the time. This has been several years back so I am not sure if things are done the same now.

The CGA(Contracted General Agent) holds the contract with Florida Blue. The CGA can appoint agents under him as independent contractors. All commissions are paid to the CGA. I have worked with 2 CGA's in the past at different times. After building a small book of business they terminated my contract and therefore continue to receive my renewals which were about $10,000 annually at the time. This has been several years back so I am not sure if things are done the same now.

I have heard similar stories, which is why I never pursued indy contracts with them. I would love to be able to sell FL Blue, but have never heard good stories about with with indy agents

I have heard similar stories, which is why I never pursued indy contracts with them. I would love to be able to sell FL Blue, but have never heard good stories about with with indy agents

But we aren't allowed to be Indy with them. I mean you can be Indy in a sense but you can't offer any other products. I let my contract cancel when they wanted me to sign a new contract a few years back.

Back