Florida Blue

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
A few years back I sold FB but since have not. One of the people that I sold a MA to just called me. He said his doctor had a big sign in his office when he went this morning that said the practice would not accept FB Medicare in 2025. I am pretty sure the man didn't read it correctly but he is thinking FB is going to stop offering Medicare products. I told him we would have to wait until October to find out. Anybody know anything about this?

A few years back I sold FB but since have not. One of the people that I sold a MA to just called me. He said his doctor had a big sign in his office when he went this morning that said the practice would not accept FB Medicare in 2025. I am pretty sure the man didn't read it correctly but he is thinking FB is going to stop offering Medicare products. I told him we would have to wait until October to find out. Anybody know anything about this?
If he is an independent doctor without an MSO most likely he is not accepting FB next year. If that is the case some are out September 1st unless they ask for an extension. Not all docs are going to have a choice to be in the network.

What is an MSO? What he read probably meant the practice no longer accepts FB.
A management services organization (MSO) is a health care specific administrative and management engine that provides a host of administrative and management functions necessary to be successful in the ever changing healthcare environment.

They handle the management and admin so the doctor doesn't have to.

That is not the only reason a doc may be dumped. They many not have many FB MAPD clients, there are many more reasons.

It sounds like the doctor is saying he will no longer accept FL Blue.
Did he tell you that Fl blue will no longer offer MAPD? It sounds like two different things you’re saying.

He will know if his Value plan is still being offered in Okaloosa county soon. Looks like he will need to change his PCP.

Back