Why do Medicare Supplements have AOR protection?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
As far as I know, I can’t become an AOR if I successfully do a plan change from F to G for an individual when I was not the original AOR. This is very rarely the case for Medicare Advantage or PDP. What happened?

As far as I know, I can’t become an AOR if I successfully do a plan change from F to G for an individual when I was not the original AOR. This is very rarely the case for Medicare Advantage or PDP. What happened?

Because they do not want to encourage that type of business

they wont even add years if OG agent does it

and some carriers will pay og agent recued commission for going from same company to same company when they open a new block of buis under a different company name

I'm finding med supp AOR lock is a good thing given the AOR thefts that occur in ACA and mapd markets. Some carriers let you change aor on med supps though like bc az

I'm finding med supp AOR lock is a good thing given the AOR thefts that occur in ACA and mapd markets. Some carriers let you change aor on med supps though like bc az
What about UHC/AARP? She enrolled thru tele-sales in 2008. I’m guessing NO, especially one from so long ago. She is an 82-year old NS female Plan F- $346/mo. I don’t think that it is too much considering her age. I wrote Plan G upgrade to see if it would go through. I doubt it since she showed me her chest incision from an operation in 2020. The 5-year mark is the healthy cut-off. She also takes spironactalone (sp?) which I think is for CHF?

What about UHC/AARP? She enrolled thru tele-sales in 2008. I’m guessing NO, especially one from so long ago. She is an 82-year old NS female Plan F- $346/mo. I don’t think that it is too much considering her age. I wrote Plan G upgrade to see if it would go through. I doubt it since she showed me her chest incision from an operation in 2020. The 5-year mark is the healthy cut-off. She also takes spironactalone (sp?) which I think is for CHF?
Uhc protects the agent Aor better than any other carrier . It’s iron glad . Why would you want to move a Aor on a 16 yr old policy ? Your not getting paid anyway

Uhc protects the agent Aor better than any other carrier . It’s iron glad . Why would you want to move a Aor on a 16 yr old policy ? Your not getting paid anyway
I wasn’t exactly thinking that I would get paid. I just want to see if it will pass US and if she would get a better rate. I doubt that I will make any bread with her.

Yes. Consumer can request. Company will decline
This leads me to a question.

I went on Medicare. All the reading I did here led me to believe I should purchase a Medigap plan through an agent.

I went to an agent recommended to me by a forum member. He would not sell me the Medigap plan I wanted to buy. I finally decided to let having an agent take priority and bought the carrier/plan he wanted to sell me.

The plan worked fine, but the situation rankled. Several years later, I went to another agent and bought the plan I wanted.

Do the rules expressed in this thread mean the second agent did not get a commission on the new plan and was not its agent of record?

Back