Florida Carriers in 2017 ?

Wow. Well, that truly is embarrassing. Thank you for pointing that out. Not sure why you're choosing to be so rude though.

As for the commissions. I'm not going to argue with what I do or do not know.

I'm being 'rude' because anyone who has ever been affiliated with Blue as an agent, CGA, or MAA knows you can't believe what you hear until it's in writing-you are telling agents to get contracted before it's in writing, are you going to release each of them if the structure changes and they request it?

----------

I wouldn't mind being captive with FL blue for Indy health but it's crazy that it means you must be captive with your Medicare too? No way in hell I would do that.

----------

Does anyone know how to get contracted with Molina?

Captive means both Indy and Medicare, that is correct.

I do know how to get contracted with Molina (I get nothing from it), I've had the contract for a year and have two clients with them and have been paid on time each month, here is their contracting link: https://rightsignature.com/forms/Molina-Producer-C-d3c3af/token/8cbdfffea19

I'm being 'rude' because anyone who has ever been affiliated with Blue as an agent, CGA, or MAA knows you can't believe what you hear until it's in writing-you are telling agents to get contracted before it's in writing, are you going to release each of them if the structure changes and they request it? ---------- Captive means both Indy and Medicare, that is correct. I do know how to get contracted with Molina (I get nothing from it), I've had the contract for a year and have two clients with them and have been paid on time each month, here is their contracting link: https://rightsignature.com/forms/Molina-Producer-C-d3c3af/token/8cbdfffea19

Why thank you....

I'm being 'rude' because anyone who has ever been affiliated with Blue as an agent, CGA, or MAA knows you can't believe what you hear until it's in writing-you are telling agents to get contracted before it's in writing, are you going to release each of them if the structure changes and they request it?/]

Yes Chazm, he/she is correct; any health business you write in Florida would have to be Florida Blue. Including Medicare products

I value my clients too much and they trust me to find them the right plan. I couldn't screw them over like that

Wow. Well, that truly is embarrassing. Thank you for pointing that out. Not sure why you're choosing to be so rude though.

As for the commissions. I'm not going to argue with what I do or do not know. And I'm surely not arrogant enough to tell you what you do or do not know either. You've simply not been informed of the same information. Come back to this thread on the 30th and tell me how wrong my statements about the commissions were. :)

In the meantime, thanks again for pointing out that I clearly can't spell Integrity...and try and have a great day.

It's earlier than the 30th and according to the current Florida Blue road show commissions for 2017 will be about 15% LOWER than in 2016.

Every CGA sets their own compensation schedule but no writing agent is likely to receive more than $7.50 PMPM for new enrollments and $5 PMPM for active renewals.

I don't see how any agent without an existing book of business can even begin to think about offering IFP with this compensation, you would have to be nuts.

That makes sense. I'm sure there are those in comp who are also contemplating cutting commissions specifically for markets with no competition for 2018. Then again, there are those rumors about United and Aetna coming back in 2018 too so who knows.

You make a "good point"...why would an insurance company PAY a commission, when they have no competition in a particular area? An agent MUST sell their plans or they don't ear....(sigh).
---------------------------------------------------------------
It's earlier than the 30th and according to the current Florida Blue road show commissions for 2017 will be about 15% LOWER than in 2016.

Every CGA sets their own compensation schedule but no writing agent is likely to receive more than $7.50 PMPM for new enrollments and $5 PMPM for active renewals.

I don't see how any agent without an existing book of business can even begin to think about offering IFP with this compensation, you would have to be nuts.

Wat da? ? ?

Did i read that correctly....Did you say $7.50 per insured???

Last edited:
You make a "good point"...why would an insurance company PAY a commission, when they have no competition in a particular area? An agent MUST sell their plans or they don't ear....(sigh).
---------------------------------------------------------------

Wat da? ? ?

Did i read that correctly....Did you say $7.50 per insured???

I said $7.50 PMPM, that means 'Per Person, Per Month', or about $90 for the full year

Back