Florida insurance agent fired after Costco coronavirus mask confrontation

The guy was out on his own time shopping. Not excusing his actions but we have no idea what went wrong in his day. Costco might have been out of chicken, toilet paper, his favorite beer. He might have been hungry and the food stations were closed. Perhaps he was tired of one more person trying to sell him a furnace or garage door. Should have had a mask and nothing would have ruined his week. and we still only get to see 1 side of a vigilante video. What gets me is how this gets turned on the employer. That is just not fair.

Life Hawk said:

You would be surprised how many lunatics there are out there. Let's be honest... most salesmen are about half way there.

I know there are a lot of lunatics out there... But if I had a choice to fire someone who came unhinged, I would do it. But then you also risk them coming back in toting a weapon.

Yeah... glad I don't manage for the US Post Office.

Costco might have been out of chicken, toilet paper,

:laugh::laugh:... yep, I'm sure many a folk have lost it right there over the past few months.

And to your point... sad, but cell phones have changed the world in so many ways.

My daughter works for Menards while waiting for this Wuhan Flu to run its course and get back to flying (attendant). She has come home on several occasions and related stories of customers that make you scratch your head.

Don't get me wrong... I am pushing back on mask wearing with the best of them, but there is a right way and a wrong way to treat the situation and the people involved.

Sometimes I just want to lay down for the night and wake up and be back to normal. :arghh:

I just hate that he was terminated for his conduct OFF the job!

I swear - these people who are terminated for their actions off the job should sue their employer for breach of contract or something. Unless there's some clause in their contract about ALWAYS being a "shining example of our company's values at all times and in all places"... I'd sue for wrongful termination.

I hate the mask!

Looks like everyone is running around playing doctor. :laugh:

I will place as much business as possible with places I don't need a mask.

Walked out of a Menards when someone behind the counter treated me like a little kid about not having my mask pulled all the way up. Pushed the can of paint across the counter and walked out. Bit of a rebel in me... there are other places to shop, and less rude ways to address the issue.

Amazing can wear your pants down to your ankles but mask has to cover everything

Strange Days

upload_2020-7-8_10-31-6.jpeg

wear an apparatus on your face that makes breathing efficiently much more difficult, and substantially lowers the amount of oxygen your brain gets.
Just an FYI. Masks come complete with ear straps. There is no need to completely tape it over your face. As a side note, over the last 100+ years, no surgeons have ever passed out while performing lengthy surgeries (while wearing a mask), nor has their cognitive or motor skills been impaired due to lack of oxygen.

I've had more than one conversation over the years with young black males that want to get a job. I'm an easy talk, know what I believe and am well versed on how to share it... in definite but respectable way.

Pull up our pants, no one who wants to hire you wants to see your butt! (And that includes white guys who seem to have lost their belt as well.) Tuck it in your shirt and pull up your pants! :arghh:

Not to trail off in the back forty, but much of what we see happening around us is a lack of father leadership in homes that have been wrecked by years of being told fathers are not important... and years of fathers not doing their God given job to lead in the home. It is sad and I am heart broken when I see lives that hobbled before they could even get a start.

I'm neither perfect nor good looking... but when the moment presents itself I do speak into the lives around me. Yes, I have and do mentor more than just my own. Those that can should be looking opportunities to breath life and hope into those we come into contact with each day.

I just hate that he was terminated for his conduct OFF the job!

I swear - these people who are terminated for their actions off the job should sue their employer for breach of contract or something. Unless there's some clause in their contract about ALWAYS being a "shining example of our company's values at all times and in all places"... I'd sue for wrongful termination.
Hate to disagree but I wouldn't want a person like that working for me. Employers should retain the right to fire anyone for any reason. If I don't like the cut of your jib, you fired. It's my business, I do what I wants.

Back