Florida Medicare options

As a Georgia resident agent, I have always focused on Georgia clients, and most of my clients are not low income and seem to prefer Medicare supplements....but since recently moving to Florida from Georgia, I am rather surprised as to how much more expensive Medicare supplements are here. I had spoken to a FL Humana rep, and when I posed the overall question, she immediately said FL is a MA state in general. I guess with good PPO plans and all the Joe Namath give aways, I can see the argument with a Plan G here at age 65 almost $180-200/month versus maybe $120 in Georgia.

Of course I have sold lots of MA plans over the years as well....as nothing more fun that taking all the tests every year. :arghh:

I noticed that even "The Villages" has its own unique MAPD plans....and was told some doctors there only take that plan.

I have no plans to really chase FL business....since I am ~100% referral at this point and non-resident license in Georgia......but just curious what the FL Medicare brokers are generally doing since I am now a FL resident agent and may trip accross some FL business eventually. I am in the Panhandle area. I am contracted with everyone I need......so just a curiosity question.

I am in the FL panhandle too. Lots of military retirees and those with employer plans so it doesn't leave many T65 every month for me and you and the other hundreds of agents to fight over.

I’m about 50/50 in central FL. In my office one guy is 100% Med Supp only New to Medicare. Another guy is probably 80/20 med Supp to MAPD and a woman who is 90/10. It’s all how you present it and if you are referrals only It’ll probably be mostly what the person referred you has.

Plenty of high income in FL.

Most have 2nd homes in NY and need med supp.

ACA rates are huge in panhandle.
Happy campers when they T65 with med supp vs ACA.

I have about 150 to 200 FL med supps with UHC G or N. Jax mayo takes assignment.

I also sell UA HDG in certain situations.

You only need these 2 in back pocket. I dont do MA. Period.

Ma is huge in Fla for one simple . Tampa and Miami for instance . Tons of $140 part B givebacks with $2500 max out of pocket and 0/$10 dr visits . On a $200 a month med sup that’s a $340 a month savings and even with a G plan with almost no out of pocket that’s a $1500 a yr savings . Billy B you need to be selling the Humana honor plan ma only for lan to the retired military with tricare for life . I sold 3 last week . They get $50 part b back plus $2 k dollar one dental plus $200 vision and $200 a yr otc benefit . Humana has a huge network and most of their dr’s in network . The still use their great rx with express scripts and show their Humana card and tricare card . Humana’s primary and tricare secondary . He should have zero bills and is getting $3 k of benefits .

I have certified with FB and UHC so far. Plan on adding Humana and maybe Cigna. Anybody use Cigna? FB and UHC have a MA only plan but don't know how they compare. No supplies yet so I can't study the plans. From what I have seen so far the panhandle area doesn't offer plans with benefits as rich as the southern part of the state. I think here the MS is stil more popular than the MA.

Thanks for all the responses. It is certainly easy to sell a Med Sup to someone used to full priced ACA... The subsidized folk can be a little more frugal. Like I said, I have no plans to chase FL business......but I have noticed in the process of building a custom home here that a lot of contractors need help understanding insurance options.

Just wondering where you chose to build? Our area is booming. My daughter just placed a bid on a house yesterday. New and older homes are selling at $200 per square foot plus. Most don't stay on the market but a few hours. Great time to sell. Terrible time to buy or build.

Just wondering where you chose to build? Our area is booming. My daughter just placed a bid on a house yesterday. New and older homes are selling at $200 per square foot plus. Most don't stay on the market but a few hours. Great time to sell. Terrible time to buy or build.

30A...SRB....$$$$$ area for sure...glad we locked in prices a while back, as prices are really jumping here.

Wow! That is probably one of the most exclusive parts of Walton County. Waton County is one of the, if not the, fastest growing counties in FL. I live over in Okaloosa County with the poor folks.

Back