For Those Of You With Websites...

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Re Health insurance...

Do you find that your traffic increases from late October to the end of the year. I assume because of Open Enrollments.

Just curious.

And now...I shall digress. So, please leave, You don't have to read what's next.

Get outa here.

OK...Want to play rough do you?

If you continue...15 years of bad luck to you. So STOP right now.

I hate the Yankees!

Activity is spotty and unpredictable. I am usually swamped from the first of October through the middle to end of December.

Not so much this year.

Yes, I do get a spike in tire kickers, looking for alternatives during open enrollment but I also usually write a lot of business in the last 90 days of the year. Unless something changes, I don't see that happening this year.

Must be due to global warming and the Bush tax cuts.

I do lead gen for several lines of insurance. I find that my medicare traffic heats up in the last quarter, but every thing else declines.

The first and third quarters tend to be the best for health insurance. January is usually my best month and December my worst for health insurance leads.

The last quarter of the year, October, November and December have always been some of the best months for Med Supp sales, especially December. I have no idea why though. Maybe because other agents I talk to seem to think that seniors aren't interested in talking about insurance during that time.

That is also reflected in the responses I'm getting to my website especially since I have had Dave do his SEM thing for me. Yep, I think SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is a much better description of what he did than SEO. I'm not a "computer guy" so SEM makes more sense to me.

The last quarter of the year, October, November and December have always been some of the best months for Med Supp sales, especially December.

Could Medicare Advantage open enrollment have anything to do with it? The MA companies are saturating the airwaves right now trying to get seniors to think about insurance.

Yep, I think SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is a much better description of what he did than SEO. I'm not a "computer guy" so SEM makes more sense to me.

To us computer guys, SEM is when you pay for ads on search engines, and SEO is when you work to get your site to show up organically. But us computer guys like strange acronyms almost as much as insurance associations do.

Seo + Ppc = Sem

Yep, to make the alphabet soup even more confusing, some people include SEO in SEM. I prefer the definition from this New York Times article in 2006 that keeps them separate:

"Search marketing is epitomized by the text ads that appear next to results from online searches; marketers buy the rights for their ads to appear on-screen when computer users type in key words. There is also search engine optimization, which tries to determine how to elevate a client's Web site in the listings when computer users look for a subject or topic."​
PPC, or Pay-per-click, is an online advertising model that isn't limited to search engines.

Back