Former WFG Agent - Should I retire?

have the ability to offer products which do not require a license.
Yes, so while you're learning insurance, you can also be hawking Herbal shakes, detergents and lip balms to your clients. And in the case of MLMs, the introduction of new products means the reps themselves have yet another product to be a "product of a product" for, and there's still some space in their garage.

And if there were no new products, there would be no salvations to talk about at the convention, New products or the next recruit being that stud to explode your business are simply examples of ways to keep you hanging in a few months longer. Carrot dangling!

Last edited:
Big difference. People who play lotteries know they have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. But just imagine how many people would continue to play if the people who won never changed? The art of MLM is to make people believe everybody has a equal odds.

The top producers started 10 to 15 years ago.
Not entirely true. While they may have started with a specific MLM 15 years ago, their success is often determined by what they did before that, such as being a baptist minister with a large congregation, or a colonel in the reserves, or administration at a large ISD, or jumping ship from another MLM. Most even have university degrees tho now preach that formal education is a complete waste of time. And though they mock J-O-B-S, they will jump at the chance for a J-O-B in the corporate office.

I don't think it was meant as a dig to anyone personally TOOLBELT is stating the obvious how many feel "salvation is always around the corner" and as I was told "that stud you've been waiting to explode your business" is one recruit away! Hang in a little longer, don't quit. While I am being told to sign up to conventions and regional meetings non-stop which helps keep the revenue stream for the top producers. More power to the top producers and their efforts. The SMD's have to play the middle. Recruit and recruit for referrals so they can keep the money stream flowing in. You do feel at the end like a carcass used and squeezed. You are told go walk the malls and streets to find recruits a a last ditch effort.

More power to the top producers at WFG for their wins. Just not for me anymore.

A disastrous way of thinking.. Been there, done that. Not n the insurance business but in another business I owned.. Started off like gangbusters, making good money. But then the market for what I was selling headed south..Kept struggling to hold on until it turned around.. Never did and still hasn't. Should have cut my losses much earlier than I did. Between that and a series of health problems my nest egg cracked and rotted. If you are not succeeding at what you are doing and you do not see a different way of doing it to make it work, bail. To keep on doing the same thing in the hope that some magic solution is going to pop up is a foolish strategy and will bring you to financial and emotional ruin. .. :sad:

In MLM, its not a question of turning in Apps. Its a question of who's being sold the policy. Recruit 2, sell to both.....and one of their mothers. If you repeat that process, and consider yourself an independent business, then you are clearly running an illegal pyramid scheme according to the FTC, more specifically, the Koscot Rule.

What? Explain the pyramid thing because it's confusing.

Back