Free Photos and Graphics for a Website

I saw somebody already suggested istockphoto. I have used them for years. The photos are only a couple of dollars, and you can pay by paypal and download them right away.

Note that they charge by photo size, but most websites do not need the largest ones.

Here is one trick I use to get the same photos on istock for free. It's hit or miss. I'm assuming if you are looking for your own photos you know enough about web sites to follow me. Simply go to istockphoto.com and search for whatever type of picture you want. Right click on the image and either save it or copy link, whatever it takes for you to be able to later copy and paste the file name. Once you have the file name do a google search on it. Alot of times someone will purchase the image and upload it to their web server without renaming the file. This means you get it for free! If that doesn't work, just use google's image search and type in some keyword and add stock to the end of it. Like "house builder stock". This will bring up results that include stock in the title, which usually are images that haven't been renamed and originated from istockphoto or some other site. Works for me, hope it works for you.

I'm no attorney, but I believe this is in violation of istockphoto's terms. While the license to most of the content is royalty free and can be used multiple times, the license is non-transferable.

At the very least, the extra time it takes to find the images to "swipe" could be better allocated elsewhere.

We're talking $1-$2 an image here folks... it's a cost of doing business and if you can't pony up $10-$20 for stock photos, you're probably underfunded to be getting into any type of business.

Here is one trick I use to get the same photos on istock for free. It's hit or miss. I'm assuming if you are looking for your own photos you know enough about web sites to follow me. Simply go to istockphoto.com and search for whatever type of picture you want. Right click on the image and either save it or copy link, whatever it takes for you to be able to later copy and paste the file name. Once you have the file name do a google search on it. Alot of times someone will purchase the image and upload it to their web server without renaming the file. This means you get it for free! If that doesn't work, just use google's image search and type in some keyword and add stock to the end of it. Like "house builder stock". This will bring up results that include stock in the title, which usually are images that haven't been renamed and originated from istockphoto or some other site. Works for me, hope it works for you.

Send me your mailing address and I'll send photos of a forum big shot cavorting with young hoochie girls.

Send me your mailing address and I'll send photos of a forum big shot cavorting with young hoochie girls.

I thought Chumps quit all that nonsense... I guess it's easy to get in that situation when you have women chasing you because you own an association with over 2,000,000 members...

Latest posts

Back