Friend was driving my car, has a accident. no Licences, turns out tobe his falut

PhillipB

My deductible is a 1000.00 he said he would pay it but i feel like it's not going to happen
i didnt know he didnt have a licences. what courses of action do i have to make he pay the deductible or i'm i fuked on a brand new 2016 altima

because i feel he needs to take responibility
And you don't? It is your responsibility to make sure anyone who drives your car is licensed and is not impaired in anyway. Good luck on getting him to pay.. If it were a single car accident, be thankful. If it involved property damage or injuries to others, pray you don't live in a jurisdiction that allows an exclusion ofr permitting an unlicensed driver to drive your vehicle. You could be on the hook for much, much, more than $1000 deductible.

Last edited:
And you don't? It is your responsibility to make sure anyone who drives your car is licensed and is not impaired in anyway. Good luck on getting him to pay.. If it were a single car accident, be thankful. If it involved property damage or injuries to others, pray you don't live in a jurisdiction that allows an exclusion ofr permitting an unlicensed driver to drive your vehicle. You could be on the hook for much, much, more than $1000 deductible.

Good point. In some states, by statute, the owner of a vehicle is culpable for its use. If there had been a serious injury or major property damage, your exposure could be WAY more than $1,000. Even if it's not statutory, you could be sued for negligent entrustment or some other basis. I have high auto and umbrella limits. No one drives my vehicles without similar coverage even if mine is primary.

Back