From ACA to AHCA - ObamaCare to TrumpCare

They are all going to be situs'ed out of Oklahoma :)

This is the disaster part of the bill. I can handle that poor people are getting hammered, they always do with a GOP controlled Congress, then the pendulum swings back and they get too much money. What I cannot deal with is that they are going to ***** sick people. It won't matter how much money you have, if you are single, widow, divorced, have no access to group coverage AND have any type of illness, there is nothing available. (And don't throw the high risk POS plans at me).

And BTW...they still haven't fixed the premium/deductible issue.

We need pre-ex based on the old HIPAA group guidelines and some type of premium reimbursement mechanism in place for the 10% that are responsible for 90% of the claims.

Let's hope these "wrinkles" are ironed out before the vote. And, let's hope the vote comes before the July 4th recess. If not, the AHCA is DEAD. ObamaCare will be patched..followed by Trump's favorite...SINGLE PAYER for 2019. (IMO of course.)

----------

I can't see one of my current clients benefiting, nor myself. Epic fail.

Why do you say this, YAgents? The $90,000 families will once again be able to buy plans that don't contain all the government mandated crap. Just like pre 2011.

Let's hope these "wrinkles" are ironed out before the vote. And, let's hope the vote comes before the July 4th recess. If not, the AHCA is DEAD. ObamaCare will be patched..followed by Trump's favorite...SINGLE PAYER for 2019. (IMO of course.)

----------

Why do you say this, YAgents? The $90,000 families will once again be able to buy plans that don't contain all the government mandated crap. Just like pre 2011.

States must get a waiver to do so. Not many governor's will have the guts to strip away Benefits and guar issue from people going into their 2018 reelection or after

States must get a waiver to do so. Not many governor's will have the guts to strip away Benefits and guar issue from people going into their 2018 reelection or after

Let's hope that each state can choose which mandates to keep and discard, with the Insurance Commissioner being the primary decision maker. In an opt-out state, those with pre-x would go to the state's high-risk pool. $100 billion is earmarked for that.

Trump was on touting that he "got it done in only 5 months". What a self-centered, deceitful,lying, prick.

California breaks down as follows...

46% Employer Coverage
29% Medi-Cal (CA Medicaid)
10% Medicare
8% Uninsured
7% IFP

Of the 8% uninsured, about half are illegals and cannot obtain health insurance.

In states without Medicaid expansion, I would expect to see lower numbers in that area and higher in the IFP and Uninsured categories.

The point is a large per cent are already on government plans, with such a divide in political parties it is difficult to not see a government plan for all by default. Was Obama clever enough to see this coming after Obamacare died?

Conjecture has been that Single Payer was always the ultimate goal of ObamaCare. The fly in the ointment has always been employer sponsored. Taking away employee health benefits and union plans would be difficult. And group represents about 1/2 of all insured in the USA.

California just dumped the Single Payer Bill at the Assembly Friday afternoon. It's dead for 2017. Could come back in 2018 since the legislature is 2-year term.

Back