from Face to face to over the phone ?

Ksutton

Guru
100+ Post Club
USA
1- Are there any experienced agents who have sold FE face to face who are now selling another product or even FE over the phone ?

2- If so are you more successful over the phone?

3- Is there anything out there that is more profitable or just as profitable as selling FE F2F but over the phone ?

Thanks in advanced

I have never done it, and have no plans to. The investigation I did do stopped at the amount of ex-phone agents who where complaining about the number termed policies and the charge backs they were facing.

However... I never posed the question to this group. I would be interested to see what the feel for that style of marketing is. I am all ears.

Due to logistics, it is possible for it to be even more profitable.

There's a couple things I've picked up:

1. It's very boring because you are sitting at your computer all day listening to the phone ring with few answers. Grant Cardone says it takes 9 tries to get an internet lead on the phone.

2. Persistency can be a nightmare if you use the wrong lead types. Telemarketed leads have a lot of GI & Direct Express business (very low income). All the telesales agents I hear that talk about low persistency would use TM leads as a main source. Don't do it!

3. It can be very profitable if you have a large number of real-time fresh leads & a couple people that will prequalify them for you (health, bank account, etc).

Good luck! :)

1- Are there any experienced agents who have sold FE face to face who are now selling another product or even FE over the phone ?

3- Is there anything out there that is more profitable or just as profitable as selling FE F2F but over the phone ?

Thanks in advanced

DaytonaGuy started out selling FE face to face. Then moved to selling FE by phone. Found it wasn’t feasible and then moved to selling med sups by phone.

He’s done very well at the med sups.

I'm actually going the opposite route. So I will tell you what I know. When selling over the phone it's still a conversation, it's still getting the trust factor but you have to go after the low hanging fruit.

GI products are pretty good and easy to sell, since their are no med questions it is also a one size fit all product. BUT...one size doesn't fit all does it.

So I would recommend a company that doesn't have a lot of long interview questions and is pretty straight forward. Their are companies out there that will pass you a live call but from what I understand that can mean calls at 10 PM or 6 AM some days.

My suggestion is to hook up with an IMO or one company that will work with you to do as much pre-screening and such as possible. Then it's just listening and picking up on the details.

Now...get me in the door so I can sell, sell, sell.

Thanks in advanced

I have sold both ways successfully. It is two very different animals in some ways but very much alike in others. The key is Training Leads Technology and support. If you go into phone sales without the proper game plan you will definitely fail.

I would say that it really depends on the person which will be more profitable. I have seen agents that really really struggled f2f kill it over the phone

Don't listen to these guys that are telling you what someone else told them. Like you get bored calling people or some clueless feedback that shows they don't know what they don't know.

If you have other questions feel free to pm me your contact info

Never done the phone thing. However, I am planning to do some of it in the future. More and more sales leads are from areas where it is not cost eff to drive to. so, going to try next years to work smarter and not harder

Back