Gas Prices Starting to Effect Sales?

I don't know about your opinion Rob. Depends on what kind of lead it is and what your selling. It may work that way for Medicare supplements, but a t65 crowd gets inundated by mail, and everyone's on the dnc, so I guess its depending on your lead.
I personally will set myself apart from all the rest of the agents and will knock T65's soon. I chose a nice 50 mile radius around my place, and will optimize the route and see how it goes...

I don't know about your opinion Rob. Depends on what kind of lead it is and what your selling. It may work that way for Medicare supplements, but a t65 crowd gets inundated by mail, and everyone's on the dnc, so I guess its depending on your lead.
I personally will set myself apart from all the rest of the agents and will knock T65's soon. I chose a nice 50 mile radius around my place, and will optimize the route and see how it goes...

EE: Think you will do well. They are receiving so many direct mail pieces at that time, they certainly are thinking about it. So many, in fact, that even if they were going to respond many will have trouble choosing which one to send back in. They will probably appreciate being able to talk to a living, breathing agent that can give them advice.

Thank you for the confirmation, I have the most competitive MA's and Med Supps in my bag, my problem is Anthem recently lowered their rates and have become the MOST competitive med supp dealer here, and their commission is the worst! 7-9%, you would get more signing them up for an MA...sad.

My point was regarding the comparison between phone or f2f, however your points are valid and both ways work, what's more efficient use of your time was my point.

Also, while T65 clients are inundated, they have to buy from someone!!

@Justin, that WILL work, a company in Chicago drives around in VW bugs with decals of carriers emblazoned on them and the agents cold call (knock on doors) and they're the #1 SGA for BCBS of IL.

You are 100% wrong and 100% correct. Depends on the client, product and my gut. There are no absolutes in this business. IMHO

In the last week I have done 1 case F2F and the rest by phone. And they were all 100% the correct way to do them. For me. half of the clients called me and asked for the insurance. My lead cost is zero. Many times going on a F2F is as much for my benefit as it is for theirs.

Just my 2 cents.

Back