Gearing Up for New Career Adventure in FE

Good Luck Silent Cal , I took my exam 12/21 passed and am in similar position as you in terms of seeking best 'starter agent' opportunity. I am looking into FE as well but here's a question for these pros on forum....challenging living environments aside, ... is it safe for a single woman agent to go out and sell FE - in general.. i own 2 siberian huskies as protection but they will not be allowed to sit in that cat piss:-) - i mean have you gentlemen ever had an aggressive client?

For MOST women I would answer that they would not sell FE face to face in people's homes for all the money in the world. But there are a few that are the exception.

Yes you do run into strange people occasionally. For most women I would think those situations would be VERY uncomfortable.

If you are an unusually tough woman and very street smart you might be the exception.

Good Luck Silent Cal , I took my exam 12/21 passed and am in similar position as you in terms of seeking best 'starter agent' opportunity. I am looking into FE as well but here's a question for these pros on forum....challenging living environments aside, ... is it safe for a single woman agent to go out and sell FE - in general.. i own 2 siberian huskies as protection but they will not be allowed to sit in that cat piss:-)
- i mean have you gentlemen ever had an aggressive client?

Hahahahaha!:laugh:

thanks for the reality check Newby. Just 105 pounds teacher-surfer type maybe not a good fit for those robust FE folks...
that being said - does anyone have experience with EFES telesales in terms of daily workflow - leads - comp - etc?
[have over 5 yrs in telesales of all things but insurance but curious who is successfully selling FE telesales. can these elderly folks even hear you
when you are quoting numbers?]

how does this work?

Well, having prospects with pet boa constrictors roaming around unchecked while on a sales call is something that doesn't happen every day.

It was in an aquarium. If you are talking about my case. I did ask because I was outta there if there was another or if it could get out.

It was in an aquarium. If you are talking about my case. I did ask because I was outta there if there was another or if it could get out.

I ran one appointment out in rural Georgia where the guy had his boa OUT of the aquarium while I was selling him.

I thought I remember from the Funny FE Story thread where you ran out of the house because of some snake on the loose?

Good Luck Silent Cal , I took my exam 12/21 passed and am in similar position as you in terms of seeking best 'starter agent' opportunity. I am looking into FE as well but here's a question for these pros on forum....challenging living environments aside, ... is it safe for a single woman agent to go out and sell FE - in general.. i own 2 siberian huskies as protection but they will not be allowed to sit in that cat piss:-)
- i mean have you gentlemen ever had an aggressive client?

I would not want my wife to do face to face sales in homes. Not just FE, any products. Nor would she want to. So it's not an issue.

Selling FE face to face seems to be incredibly challenging for females and it seems that most have no interest anyway. But the ones that do want to do it and learn it are very good at it.

Females either get away from selling FE or they excel. Of the ones I know anyway. One of the very best FE agents I know, male or female, is a lady that works the southside of Chicago. I would not work that area.

----------

I ran one appointment out in rural Georgia where the guy had his boa OUT of the aquarium while I was selling him.

I thought I remember from the Funny FE Story thread where you ran out of the house because of some snake on the loose?

No. But that's exactly what would happen if there was one loose in the house.

thanks for the reality check Newby. Just 105 pounds teacher-surfer type maybe not a good fit for those robust FE folks...
that being said - does anyone have experience with EFES telesales in terms of daily workflow - leads - comp - etc?
[have over 5 yrs in telesales of all things but insurance but curious who is successfully selling FE telesales. can these elderly folks even hear you
when you are quoting numbers?]

how does this work?

There are ways that some have used to sell FE Face to Face without going to peoples homes.. Seminar selling has worked for some but I have never tried it... Howard Catchings has probably sold more FE over a lifetime than most and he did it using payroll deduction.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/pdf/InsuranceTimes_20030805_39314.pdf

BTW, his primary company is Transamerica..

There are ways that some have used to sell FE Face to Face without going to peoples homes.. Seminar selling has worked for some but I have never tried it... Howard Catchings has probably sold more FE over a lifetime than most and he did it using payroll deduction. http://www.insurancejournal.com/pdf/InsuranceTimes_20030805_39314.pdf BTW, his primary company is Transamerica..

Group sales of small FE policies would be an interesting approach. I ran across several retired and soon to be retired teachers in the teachers union. They had signed up with a voluntary group benefit for a $10,000 policy. It was non guaranteed UL and priced about mid-pack of a true FE WL range but groups are like sheep. They figure someone else checked it out for them.

off topic but related to new career

for newcomers taking a peek at the world of FE
why are the edgy-environmentally challenged folks the apparent prospects for FE?

doesn't everyone need burial insurance?

your treks to the closed deals sound like a Survival tv show

Back