Gentleman has TWO Medsupps !

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
got a phone call this morning from a gentleman (not a customer of mine) with a question. He has a MoO medsupp AND an AARP medsupp. (i guess he wasn't aware of this when he bought the second medsupp).

He tells me he got a phone call from his doctor telling him that he has double coverage, and needs to know how to bill it.

What do I tell this guy? He has lost all faith in his current agent, and doesn't want to deal with him?

Does it matter which medsupp he cancels? AARP is cheaper than the MoO, so he would rather keep that medsupp.

His agent probably forgot to tell him the last step: once your new medigap is approved, it's safe to cancel the old one.

Things can get cray-cray when you are busy. That's why we have systems in my office, and the systems tell us when it's time to complete another step.

I wonder if the company he leaves will let him leave retro-actively due to the duplicate coverage? It can't hurt to ask, and if they agree, you'll be this guys best friend for life, and although you probably won't get paid for this one, you'll likely get some referrals in the future.

His agent probably forgot to tell him the last step: once your new medigap is approved, it's safe to cancel the old one.

Things can get cray-cray when you are busy. That's why we have systems in my office, and the systems tell us when it's time to complete another step.

I wonder if the company he leaves will let him leave retro-actively due to the duplicate coverage? It can't hurt to ask, and if they agree, you'll be this guys best friend for life, and although you probably won't get paid for this one, you'll likely get some referrals in the future.

I have enough times had someone call me back a month or so after I told them to cancel the current supp got call why am I still being charged

Did you call to cancel? I didn't know I was supposed too

I mean I take time and make sure I am responded too with it but yet still some will call back as If I never told them to cancel

I don't understand it as much as I don't understand all the humana PDP clients that I personally called emailed and mailed about changes last year that called me back in Jan saying no one warned them, No one sent them mail or called or anything Yet I know I did above and beyond to try and reach them myself

The retro cancellation crossed my mind too. I wonder which one has been paying claims (if any filed) since the overlap.

Had this very situation happen to a client of mine who had purchased MOO sup from me. Then a fly by night came in and enrolled her into another.

The law states that there can only be one. So, you find out which one has been paying and cancel the other.

Note: If you can prove payment to the second carrier, those funds are all eligible for reimbursement. Now your talking about some relationship building when you get his money back. :yes:

I have enough times had someone call me back a month or so after I told them to cancel the current supp got call why am I still being charged

Did you call to cancel? I didn't know I was supposed too

I mean I take time and make sure I am responded too with it but yet still some will call back as If I never told them to cancel

I don't understand it as much as I don't understand all the humana PDP clients that I personally called emailed and mailed about changes last year that called me back in Jan saying no one warned them, No one sent them mail or called or anything Yet I know I did above and beyond to try and reach them myself

This is why we document all our phone calls and emails in our CRM.

Back