Get Smart: The Complete Producer’s Guide to Smartphones

Anybody try the new Thunderbolt yet? If so, how is it? As much of a blackberry fan as I've been I'm starting to take an interest in droids.

I went from a BB Bold, which I did like, to the Bolt. Most important, it's a great phone. The sync is a pain so I have google syncing my calendar and contacts from Outlook which are automatically pushed to my phone. I still have the phone checking my email server ever 15 minutes.

Battery life sucked until the phone "learned" how to deal with it. It's not as good as the BB, but certainly decent.

I am awaiting an ipad 2 so needed to find a way for my phone to be a mobile hotspot without paying $30 a month. So the bolt is now rooted and I have a free hotspot with unlimited data.

Browser is damn fast in 4G and the screen is terrific. Probably a touch under the iphone but then again, this phone actually is a good phone.

Hope that helps.

Rick

I went from a BB Bold, which I did like, to the Bolt. Most important, it's a great phone. The sync is a pain so I have google syncing my calendar and contacts from Outlook which are automatically pushed to my phone. I still have the phone checking my email server ever 15 minutes.

Battery life sucked until the phone "learned" how to deal with it. It's not as good as the BB, but certainly decent.

I am awaiting an ipad 2 so needed to find a way for my phone to be a mobile hotspot without paying $30 a month. So the bolt is now rooted and I have a free hotspot with unlimited data.

Browser is damn fast in 4G and the screen is terrific. Probably a touch under the iphone but then again, this phone actually is a good phone.

Hope that helps.

Rick

So, overall is the TB a huge step up from bb? I am very patiently awaiting the new QNX os that RIM is going to "eventually" have in their handhelds. From everything I've read, this will have bb on the same playing field as the other smart phones (I.e. Droids, iPhone, etc.)...but right now RIM seems to be stuck in neutral and I have an upgrade coming in a few months.

I love my Thunderbolt. It's rooted and running Gingerbread, battery life is pretty good. I get great 4g speeds, I think my highest was 29.62 down and 7.87 up.

I was a BB user up until the iPhone came out. RIM was great for email, esp when you were on a BES.

I love my Thunderbolt. It's rooted and running Gingerbread, battery life is pretty good. I get great 4g speeds, I think my highest was 29.62 down and 7.87 up.

I was a BB user up until the iPhone came out. RIM was great for email, esp when you were on a BES.

I've been tossing this around for awhile now. I wish bb and android would have babies and I think the perfect device would be born.

The new bb devices (os7) are ssoooooo much better than the older models it's unreal! I just can't seem to get away from bb, I really like the UI. maybe I'm just that used to it...

I picked up the Droid Bionic the day it came out, rooted it, and I LOVE it! It's my third droid and it wasn't massively different than my Samsung Fascinate, but it's certainly an improvement. I wish they could work out the battery issues because it does suck down a lot of power, but considering I can charge it in the office or in the car it's not really a big deal and it's certainly worth the trade off of the other advantages.

With respect to the 4G LTE network, that's a MASSIVE improvement over the 3g which was already quite capable.

Back