Geting Appointed

Does your E&O cover P&C? Most health companies don't provide E&O for this. Easy way to tell? If its $500 a year, it won't cover you for auto. If its $2500 a year, it might (yes, these are round numbers but in the ballpark).

I was talking with a carrier rep today of a major carrier for CA. She was very happy to do new appointments, but you have to have P&C experience, a solid marketing plan, a proven book of business, an established loss ratio, etc, etc. Nothing hard for a person who has been around the block, but they really were avoiding appointing new agents.

I mention this because it is something you need to work with. Its a fact of life on the P&C side that appointments are not easy, but you can get them. You'll have to start with a few 'hungry' carriers, usually non-standard and build from there.

Dan

Thanks Dan, it was helpful because i do not know if it covers P&C I have to talk to my former boss about that, but it is around 500 dollars a year :) so i defenetly need to do that, and as far as getting appointed, I have a great marketing strategy, actually a very good one, but proving book of business is my hard part... Anyways il keep up the updates on the hard journey i chose to take :)

Back