Getting Appointed With Humana

Jan 30, 2008

1. artitude

artitude New Member

Just got word my GA is no longer carrying Humana, just when I began seeking appointment with them. Does anyone know how I can get appointed with them in Florida, either through a GA, or direct?

artitude, Jan 30, 2008
  2. JDB

JDB New Member

Did you ever get an answer here?
    I am also looking to get contracted with Humana in CO.

JDB, Feb 11, 2008
  3. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    If you are looking at the senior side, you can contract through Goldenwest Insurance Marketing. I think the contract will include IFP as well. Tell Larry that Rick referred you. He'll buy me lunch!

Rick

GreenSky, Feb 11, 2008
  4. TXINSURANCE

TXINSURANCE Guru

I am a little confused why anyone would use a GA in individual health unless you are getting leads, advances, or some other arrangement. You can just go to Humana website and get the contract by calling them - unless I am not understanding some state variations.

Humana has a HUGE incentive right now in a lot of states including mine, if you went through a GA I am not sure how this would impact such incentive (bonus)

5. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I completely agree. Since I'm in California, I always make the assumption that Humana really is a senior carrier. My appointment includes the IFP in other states and my GA does not participate in commissions for that or anything else.

It would (of course) be helpful if people would post the type of product they are interested in selling with a particular carrier.

Rick

GreenSky, Feb 11, 2008
  6. Cenla Agent

Cenla Agent Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    A good GA for Humana is Advocate Health, LLC. They are in Tampa and can help a lot with marketing for MA plans. I'm not sure what marketing help they can provide with group and individual underage health. If you are not looking for help with leads and marketing it's probably best to try to contract directly with Humana.

7. Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy Guru

State:
    Georgia
    For individual and group (the Humana and Humana One products) go direct. They are absolutely fantastic to work with, and have slowly become my #1 for 2008.

They treat you like royalty, and follow up and service you better than anyone.

I've been an idiot the last 2 yrs. They've been in my back pocket, through an FMO, and just recently, when I began selling their MA products, did I initiate a conversation about their major medical.

8. exofficio

exofficio Expert

Jeff, I just saw your post. I know it's about two weeks old, so I hope you found the info you needed in a timely manner. I just sent you an EM with my contact's info in case you still needed it.

Best wishes!

9. policy doctor

policy doctor Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Did they just lower their commission for Human One? Sales rep said it was lowered to 17% for 2008 from the usual 20%. Claimed agents preferred the higher renewals which is why it was done...LOL sure, sure.

10. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    I'm still gettin' 20%...have from deal 1.