Getting Appointed with P/C Company Independent

Discussion in 'Getting Started Selling Insurance' started by imperatorrex, Jul 11, 2017.

1. imperatorrex

imperatorrex Member

State:
    California
    Hi Everyone

So I am currently with an IMO selling Mortgage Protection and other life insurance services in California. I have a background in selling P/C insurance and still have an active license. I asked my IMO if I would be allowed to sell Auto/Home on the side and they said that's fine.

My question is what companies would allow me to use them to sell auto/home. My first thought is Allied/nationwide. Any others in California I should look for?

Thank you very much for your time.

2. PandCagentCA

PandCagentCA Member

State:
    California

Not that it is impossible but the better carriers out there that you will want or need, most likely wont give you a direct appointment. You can try some non standard carriers like progressive & infinity for auto. A better option for you may be to look into a GA like Agent Secure or Superior Access so you can get carriers like Safeco, Travelers, etc. If you dont want to pay a monthly fee with the GA's to gain access to carries, then maybe try a wholesaler like RIC. Hopefully this will help a little.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017