Getting organized?

I would love to try YIO, but it simply will not work on my Sony Vaio laptop. It downloads and installs, but when you click on the icon is says:

"This application must be installed to run, Please run set up from the location you originally installed the application". I have tried everything to get it to work including calling Frank, and he didn't know what to do.

Macdaddy,

I have sent that message you got to one of the guys who programs for me and will let you know as soon as I hear back from him.

That is a new one, no one has told me that they have gotten that message before so I have to look to the experts.

I started by getting a plain notebook and marking dates on the pages (cheaper than buying a whole separate dayplanner) and writing who I had to call for that day. It's amazing how much better the last two days have gone just from having a system to remember who I have to call and when.

I have been using the following:

Humana has a system called CDS (Client Data System). A fancy name for old version of ACT. I personally do not like it (too many bugs).

I use a 8x11 day runner calender (1 week per 2 pages). I write my appointments, who I need to call that day and can mark future calls. I like the bigger one because I can put full sheets of paper (like mapquest maps) in there without folding them. Another plus is that it fits in the outside pocket of a legal pad case thing (those leather ones with the outside pockets). Kind of bulky, but it works.

I use an old palm pilot for my address book and all my important notes (websites, log-in names, etc). That normally stays in the lap top bag. Also use it for the calculator feature.

To track prospects, sales etc, I use spreadsheets. I am going to try an actual ACT program and see if I can make that work (thanks Renee).

Mcdaddy,

You indicated in an e-mail that the program works fine on your home computer but isn't loading properly on your work computer.

Do you have the same security settings on your work computer as you do on your home computer? Often times businesses modify the security settings on their computers so that may be the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mcdaddy,

You indicated in an e-mail that the program works fine on your home computer but isn't loading properly on your work computer.

Do you have the same security settings on your work computer as you do on your home computer? Often times businesses modify the security settings on their computers so that may be the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I am not sure what security settings you are referring to, Frank. Can you be more specific? I doubt that security setting are the problem since I download new software on a regular basis, but I am willing to give anything a shot.

I would love to try YIO, but it simply will not work on my Sony Vaio laptop. It downloads and installs, but when you click on the icon is says:

"This application must be installed to run, Please run set up from the location you originally installed the application". I have tried everything to get it to work including calling Frank, and he didn't know what to do.

Maybe YIO uses an Access .mdb/e back end. If so, you can get this error because you have multiple versions of Access on your desktop. However, I would expect that YIO installs one of the Jet engines or MSDE whatever they call it these days.

If that is not the problem you might have a corrupted registery from a virus. Do a full virus scan. Do a complete uninstall of YIO and reinstall it as Admin (which it should require in the first place.)

Or maybe you got a bad download. Re-download it and try it again.

My bet is a corrupted registry... and good luck with all that!

Usually this error message happens with MS Office software and not 3rd party stuff. MS has had a problem with Office upgrades causing this message for years now. I've not seen it happen on non-Office applications... but my Windows skills are rusty since I run a Mac where we don't have these issues... and when we do have issues, it's almost always hardware, not software.

Let us know what you find. If anything I said above works... I'm sending Frank the bill!!

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe YIO uses an Access .mdb/e back end. If so, you can get this error because you have multiple versions of Access on your desktop. However, I would expect that YIO installs one of the Jet engines or MSDE whatever they call it these days.

If that is not the problem you might have a corrupted registery from a virus. Do a full virus scan. Do a complete uninstall of YIO and reinstall it as Admin (which it should require in the first place.)

Or maybe you got a bad download. Re-download it and try it again.

My bet is a corrupted registry... and good luck with all that!

Usually this error message happens with MS Office software and not 3rd party stuff. MS has had a problem with Office upgrades causing this message for years now. I've not seen it happen on non-Office applications... but my Windows skills are rusty since I run a Mac where we don't have these issues... and when we do have issues, it's almost always hardware, not software.

Let us know what you find. If anything I said above works... I'm sending Frank the bill!!

Al

Al, thanks for the advice. I have downloaded the program 3 times so it is not a corrupt download. I have uninstalled it several times as well.....and it does uninstall but the icon will still not remove from the "remove software programs" section.

I tried a Mac notebook for a while and then put it on ebay within 2 months. There are just too many software programs I wanted to download and try that were not compatable. Otherwise I liked it fine. There is a lot of out of the box thinking that goes into the Mac computers. For instance, I am betting YIO does not work on a Mac.

Just for the record, Frank has been in touch with me many times now via email to try and figure out what the problem is and has gotten his programmer involved. Frank is a great guy and will take good care of you if you decide to utilize this program. I think I just have some type of odd glitch on my computer it seems.

Back