• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

GI 2020 ?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Ok So we know if someone is new to medicare and they have GI the can purchase Plan G and not Plan F

However what about this scenario, I have a client in SC that I have had on MAPD because he could not pass underwriting, He has wanted Med Supp for a long time, Now he is going to move to a new county in March.

Now Being that he has had medicare for over 5 years and is newly qualified for GI

Can he purchases Plan G GI

OR

Does he have to purchase Plan F Due to the fact he has had medicare before 2020?

Don't see any reason why he can't get G. Maybe Last Dollar will have something definitive.

The only reason I am concerned about is F is still available to people who had medicare before 2020 The question is then how does this affect GI when people have had medicare before 2020 if F is still available to them

The only reason I am concerned about is F is still available to people who had medicare before 2020 The question is then how does this affect GI when people have had medicare before 2020 if F is still available to them
As long as they had Medicare before 2020, they can buy a Plan F in the future, even if they've never had a Plan F before. :yes:

As long as they had Medicare before 2020, they can buy a Plan F in the future, even if they've never had a Plan F before. :yes:

Right but can they still get GI on g or do they have get f because they had Medicare for years

I don't recall seeing anywhere that they are REQUIRED to buy F, only that they are ELIGIBLE if they were Medicare eligible prior to 1/1/2020

They can (could) also buy A, B, C, L or K

Seems like you are over-thinking this.

You can also wait on Last Dollar to give you the final answer

I know for GI, you can only buy certain plans. I would directly contact the company you are trying to place him with. I'm sure they're all going to do it a little differently.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that they are REQUIRED to buy F, only that they are ELIGIBLE if they were Medicare eligible prior to 1/1/2020

They can (could) also buy A, B, C, L or K

Seems like you are over-thinking this.

You can also wait on Last Dollar to give you the final answer

I’ll find out in couple month he wants G I have his wife on but will buy F if he has too so I’ll do it either way and it’s SC so I will get paid too

just trying to see how it would work now as I was curious but either way he will finally be able to get cov he needs he has Giuliano’s barre syndrome and some other things does a lot of hospitals and has network issues

Back